Need information: Costa Rica fishing guides input

Pigsticker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hi all,

I am headed to Papagayo peninsula on the pacific side of Costa Rica in a week. I have been doing lots of research but it seems that all the boats are really really spendy through the online websites. Does anybody on here that has been down there know a respectable captain or connection that is reasonable in price? We don't need a large cabin cruiser, just a super panga or something similar with a reasonable HP outboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to spend $1,000 a day for a boat rental. But, maybe that is the standard daily rate in Costa Rica, but I find that hard to believe. Thanks!

Fox Island Outfitter

Founding Member
Founding Member
We are going to the same area in February. Looking at charters and they are definitely more expensive than what I would have guessed. If you happen to find someone you are happy with, please report. Wish I was more help but just started looking and don't have much info.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have found that a lot of the charters that advertise are more $$ and less productive.

- - - Updated - - -

Same thing I said in the Jamaica thread hit up the marina in the evening. You'll see who's catching and if they have a opening the next morning may be flexible in price.

Filkow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talk with Mr Super Valu there in Parshall. He seems to know the insides and outs of Costa Rica. Haha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75