E1E Anterless Elk

love2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday I checked and it said i was unsuccessful. I got an email today informing me that I have been selected. I do have a question and before you eat me alive for "not doing the leg work" because I do plan on it. I've heard that people are pretty good about letting someone on their land for a cow elk but what do you think the chances are of someone letting you actively bow hunt their land for a cow elk? Figured i'd get my once in a lifetime tag over with but thought it would be cool to shoot on with a bow. Also, if someone on here does know someone with land in E1E that would allow someone to hunt I wouldn't be opposed to listen :)

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
good chunks of public land up there for elk hunting, check out the Jay V Wessel land if no one is willing and able to give up private land, i know that in the past for sure they bring in bails for the elk there in the winter whether they still do that or not im not sure but i have coyote hunted it in the winter and have seen a lot of elk sign in that area

love2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
good chunks of public land up there for elk hunting, check out the Jay V Wessel land if no one is willing and able to give up private land, i know that in the past for sure they bring in bails for the elk there in the winter whether they still do that or not im not sure but i have coyote hunted it in the winter and have seen a lot of elk sign in that area

Thank you sir, i'll look at that area

ffjr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was lucky enough to draw a tag in E1. I made 9 trips (4 scouting and 5 during the hunt) and hunted 19 days and yes i did fill my tag. i did save all my contacts and any information i received while i was up there. If for some reason you run into trouble during your scouting trips and have no luck, give me shout and i will see what i can do.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was lucky enough to draw a tag in E1. I made 9 trips (4 scouting and 5 during the hunt) and hunted 19 days and yes i did fill my tag. i did save all my contacts and any information i received while i was up there. If for some reason you run into trouble during your scouting trips and have no luck, give me shout and i will see what i can do.

Pictures or it didn't happen:D

ffjr

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND Elk 2008.jpg

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Dam nice cow. How did she eat? Friend of mine shot a cow in Colorado late cow season and she was old. Just about no teeth left. Even the burger was tough.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep the rifle handy! The most challenging hunt I have done is trying for a cow with a bow. I was always dealing with a big herd and lots of eyes. Hunting bulls was 20x easier LOL! It will be a fun challenge!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77