Linking electronics

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just picked up a new Lowrance HDS 9 gen 2 and want to install it and link it with my older HDS 7. Anyone here an expert on such a thing and willing to give me a few pointers? I have cold beer and live I Bismarck!

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe, depending what generation they are, all you should need is an Ethernet cable. Do both units have a yellow plug on the back of the units, labeled Ethernet?

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe, depending what generation they are, all you should need is an Ethernet cable. Do both units have a yellow plug on the back of the units, labeled Ethernet?

This is correct, link them together with a yellow lowrance network cable. I believe they only make 6 and 15' lengths. Once you have them connected, power them up, go to Menu:Settings:Network:Auto Configure

Label your devices (I.E. Bow/Console) and you are good to go.

I do recommend that you go under Menu:Settings:Network: data Sources and configure each unit for what you want it to see. For example, I just purchased a boat that was all set up, I could not get water temp to display on my console unit when the bow unit was off. The console unit was set to "global" so it needed the other unit to pull a value. I set it to "this unit" and instantly solved my issue.

There, now you can do it, and you can drink my beer too. Cheers and good luck.Thumbs Up

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an extra ether net cable if you need one 25$ and it's yours.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77