2017 Deer Gun Season

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Season is set!

Deer Season Set, Online Apps Available

North Dakota’s 2017 deer season is set with 54,500 licenses available to hunters this fall, 5,500 more than last year.

The number of licenses available for 2017 includes 2,750 for antlered mule deer, an increase of 200 from last year; 1,022 for muzzleloader, an increase of 94 from last year; and 245 restricted youth antlered mule deer, an increase of 20 from last year.

Game and Fish will issue mule deer doe licenses in units 4B and 4C for the first time since 2011. However, for the sixth consecutive year there are no mule deer doe licenses available in unit 4A, due to higher winter mortality which caused a slight decline in numbers from 2016.

North Dakota’s 2017 deer gun season opens Nov. 10 at noon and continues through Nov. 26.
Online applications for regular deer gun, youth, muzzleloader and resident gratis licenses are available through the Game and Fish Department’s website at gf.nd.gov. Also, paper applications will be at vendors throughout the state by mid-May. The deadline for applying is June 7.
Nonresidents may apply for North Dakota deer licenses only through the Game and Fish website.

A new law passed by the North Dakota State Legislature allows youth who turn age 11 before the end of the calendar year to receive a whitetail doe license valid for only the youth deer hunting season. Therefore, 10-year-olds who turn age 11 in 2017 are eligible to receive an antlerless whitetail license. Hunter education is not required until the youth turns age 12.

State law requires residents age 18 or older to prove residency on the application by submitting a valid North Dakota driver’s license number or a North Dakota nondriver photo identification number. Applications cannot be processed without this information.

Gratis applications received on or before the regular deer gun lottery application deadline (June 7) will be issued an any-legal-deer license. As per state law, gratis applications received after the deadline will be processed based on licenses remaining after the lottery – generally only antlerless licenses remain.

Total deer licenses are determined by harvest rates, aerial surveys, depredation reports, hunter observations, input at advisory board meetings, and comments from the public, landowners and department field staff.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why don't they show the number of tags available last year compared to this year anymore . Unit by unit . Who cares if tags are up statewide if the tags in your unit are the same then your odds are roughly the same

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you look at this years proclamation you can see the # of tags for each unit.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you look at this years proclamation you can see the # of tags for each unit.

number of tags from 2016?

- - - Updated - - -

I want to know how many tags each unit had in 2016 compared to this year. Always, always used to be listed on the app. and maybe it still is on the paper apps .

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you look at 2016's proclamation you can see the # of tags for each unit.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow with the change in the youth tags my son and daughter can each get their first dow tags this year! With her only being able to hunt the early season she'll probably have to fill it before him. This could be fun!

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why in the hell would you increase tag numbers after last winter?

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well in our area we found more dead deer than shed antlers,sucked.
Coyotes had a hay day in that deep snow.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
its for us old people who do not have access to a computer to go on line or do not know how to or do not have a grandkid available to do it for us.
So the paper is the only way for us until I get access to a computer and access to a grandkid. db

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
its for us old people who do not have access to a computer to go on line or do not know how to or do not have a grandkid available to do it for us.
So the paper is the only way for us until I get access to a computer and access to a grandkid. db
So how are posting on here? Magic??;:;bowdown

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously though I thought people were supposed to have the apps filled out online by the license vendors. Maybe they do that off the paper app you fill out? Don't know haven't done the paper thing in 10 years at least.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
People who go on the internet to complain about not knowing how to use the internet for deer apps never cease to amaze. Did you trip, fall down some stairs, and land hands first on a keyboard, and by some genius stroke of luck, hit all the right buttons to create a profile on NDA?

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think old db was being a smart ass and it went right over your heads. Obviously he knows how to use a computer, however the reason he gave about old people is the same old reason that gets thrown out every year for still having paper apps.

If most old people are similar to my grandpa, all they would have to do is charge $5 more for a paper app processing fee and them cheap old bastards would learn how to use a smart phone real quick

Late start to the season this year and will be open through thanksgiving weekend. Should give a lot of people multiple chances to get out and hunt and be right in the thick of the rut. Just need to draw a dam tag...

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Oh, I see now what will they think of next
all I need now is someone's grand kid. Does anyone have one to spare for a few days. Got other things I need. Db

ah remm. I guess as an old b I did learn some things without the fee. But when your old one needs to find fun anyway one can as there is a bunch of things I cannot longer do that were fun except drink old mil. That never I hope will cease to be good and having fun with the younger generation. Db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 77