Bear Attack on Cam

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone give that bear a shot at defensive end for the Vikes

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't a guy try to shoot? I am pretty sure I'd have tried to pull off a shot - being it's a recurve and all. What's a guy got to lose at that point?

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't a guy try to shoot? I am pretty sure I'd have tried to pull off a shot - being it's a recurve and all. What's a guy got to lose at that point?

Um. Yea. At 1:13 I'm drawing and any moment after trying to hit that front left shoulder before he crosses the logs......

You know, ideally. :;:thumbsup

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think there's an old adage about NOT poking the bear that's applicable here.

Boy - I'm poking if I think it's him or me. I might get lucky.

As he closes the distance it's pretty clear what he's got in mind!

- - - Updated - - -

(self defense here... not thinking good harvest opportunity!)

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member

I said something similar on Cameron Hanes FB page when he shared this video and a couple guys just ripped on me about how the bear would only maul you worse if you shot him lol

Founding Member
Founding Member
Happened to me about 20 years ago in Alberta.
Guide didn't pick me up so I walked to a cut line and started the 4 mile walk out in the dark.
It was a really dark night and I could barely see where I was going and then I heard it. Something paralleling me in the bush beside me, I figured it was probably just a curious bear so I started walking faster and that's when he charged!
All I could hear was big woofs and could barely see a large black bear charging fast. I knew better than to run and I turned toward him and yelled with the biggest roar I had in me and swung my bow at him just nicking him as he veered off back into the bush. I grabbed an arrow out of my quiver and my knife and gave them both a death grip. There was no way I could shoot him if he charged again and they took my damn pepper spray away from me at the border.
You probably won't believe this but the bastard charged me for what felt like a dozen times but was probably only 7 or 8. Each time coming in fast woofing and slapping the ground in front of him with his front paws hard on the ground and I would yell and swing my shit at him every time for all I was worth! After about an hour I could see headlights and my guide pulled up and I jumped on trying to tell him what was happening but my voice was about gone. I pointed and he turned the quad and there he stood right in the middle of the cut no fear of the quad what so ever. "look at that big prick, he's not afraid of us one bit" he exclaimed. I was like lets get the hell out of here! He went and drove a circle right around him and we left.
I'll never forget that night, nor will I ever get out of my stand again. I will seep in the sucker and take my chances!
And this is coming from a guy that raised to black bears up as a kid on the ranch. No cage no chains, darn things thought they were dogs! ha ha ha

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

I gotta admit, I have little interest in hunting bear, but if I had such an encounter...I'd kill every damn one the law would allow!

From a distance, with a rifle.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never bring sack lunch to work, but if I shot a bear I would bring bear sammiches almost every day so I could talk about it. Something about eating something that could eat me.

- - - Updated - - -

Or mountain lion sammiches. Or a famous Fijian cannibal sammich.

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
I never bring sack lunch to work, but if I shot a bear I would bring bear sammiches almost every day so I could talk about it. Something about eating something that could eat me.

- - - Updated - - -

Or mountain lion sammiches. Or a famous Fijian cannibal sammich.

Bear summer sausage sammich for dinner here today lol

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would place its skull on the edge of my desk next to my picture of Jimmy Kimmel.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70