The 5 weirdest-colored walleyes ever

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
[h=1]The 5 weirdest-colored walleyes ever[/h]by Brett McComas

Pics or it didn’t happen! Here’s the five craziest-colored walleyes we’ve come across while scouring the interwebz [non-stop] for years:

[h=1]1. ORANGE WALLEYE:[/h]Here’s something you don’t see every day, and may not ever again! Gino C. caught this orange ‘eye out of Shenango River Lake, PA. Word is it tasted like a Creamsicle:
orange-crazy-colored-target-walleye-fishing.jpeg

[h=1]2. YELLOW WALLEYE:[/h]Guess this St. Louis River walter has been eating too many Cheerios:
yellow-crazy-colored-target-walleye-fishing-600x374.jpeg

[h=1]3. GUNMETAL WALLEYE:[/h]Lovin’ this gunmetal rockcrawler! Caught by Maxime Gilbert in Québec using an Okuma Dead Eye Rodrigged with a Northland Tackle RZ Jig:
gunmetal-crazy-colored-target-walleye-fishing-600x465.jpeg

[h=1]4. BLUE WALLEYE:[/h]Tory Whitton has sent in a handful of ON blue walleye pics over the years, but then there was THIS one [heart-eyes emoji]:
tory-whitton-blue-walleye-600x600.jpeg

[h=1]5. NEAPOLITAN WALLEYE:[/h]Here’s what happens when you combine green/blue/orangish walleyes into one! Jason Rylander caught her somewhere up in Canada (eh?) on a 5/16-oz Custom Jigs & Spins Pro Glow Slender Spoon in the color blue glow tiger:
jason-rylander-crazy-colored-target-walleye-fishing-600x374.jpeg

[h=1]BONUS SHOT:[/h]We’ve seen lots of “greenback” walleyes, but how about the greenest-back?
greenback-crazy-colored-target-walleye-fishing-600x590.jpeg

[h=4][/h]

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you could get the yellow bottom with the greenback tops NDSU fans would go nuts for them.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was with a guy fishing Canada's LOW's who caught the darkest walleye I'd ever seen. Crazy Dark.

Black Eye.jpg

Attachments

Black Eye.jpg

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got some really black and gold ones on a fly-in trip that were really cool. I need to find those pics again.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was with a guy fishing Canada's LOW's who caught the darkest walleye I'd ever seen. Crazy Dark.

742de148bf6f35993bc9299e1c7ee359.jpg

I've caught a few of those really dark Saugers, but never anything over about 15". If I caught a 23"+ sauger that dark it'd go on the wall in a heartbeat.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i caught an albino cross type sauger at nipawin back b4 the camera phone days... it was typical sauger colors with random pure white splotches with 2 different colored eyes... would have made a beautiful mount, but was 22' (slot was nothing between 21 & 32 1/2 at the time)... ;:;banghead and, the pics didn't turn out... ;:;banghead

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Awesome coloring. We found a lake in ON with blue walleye in it. My dad has plans to put a regular gold, a blue, and a greenback on the wall.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67