BB snobs unite

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Thinking us fellow BB'ers should unite, and advance our methods. haha

I am not too proud to pull the BB's. Not one bit.

What I have been thinking about trying is using my planer boards to run a wide swat of epic BB setups.
Anyone ever tried this?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
on a flat, I don't see why it wouldnt work. Those erie boys run spinners on planer boards all the time. I think they use inline weights though.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
on a flat, I don't see why it wouldnt work. Those erie boys run spinners on planer boards all the time. I think they use inline weights though.

Yeah, watching those guys is what got me thinking. There are some areas on Sak where I think this would be dynamite.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I want pictures....that sounds like a tangle that could need to be cut off above the planer board...grin

also guywithsausagewaiterandnotbb might flag this thread or possibly even negative rep for even considering this....

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_5336.jpg

Ill just leave this here.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pull BB's w/ planer boards. It can be very effective at times. I am proud to say I pull bb's and catch fish doing it. Yes, it can be very boring, but it puts fish in the boat.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I pull BB's w/ planer boards. It can be very effective at times. I am proud to say I pull bb's and catch fish doing it. Yes, it can be very boring, but it puts fish in the boat.

Don't kid yourself, the guys pulling cranks are not doing anything more technical or less boring.

Pulling BB is nothing to be ashamed of, and them jig'rs can piss right off...

I jig in the spring and winter, pull BB in the early summer thru most of the summer, and pull cranks when absolutely nothing else is working for me.

I will out fish any of you sonsabitches...:;:rockit

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
Late June, July, and August pulling around BB's is "the most efficient and effective" way to fill the live well with eyes! Put on some Berkley Gulp and let er rip.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
BB'ing to me is for finding active fish or just needing to put meat in the box. I don't mind getting that "tag" bite and setting into 4 plus, though.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a bb pro and I'm proud of it I did expand my arsenal and bought some 2 oz bbs and caught fish on them I ran them in the front on 8 ft poles then ran 2 6 ft poles off the back with 3/4 bbers and I loved the set up and did very well last Sunday.

Bright blades were key silver and blue did the best

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
for the haters, soaking them with a couple jigs or a crank for a couple days does get the bb taste out of the meat...

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like a good bouncer bite, I'm not to proud to admit it either. Would much prefer admit good jig bite though.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought this thread was about big bottom heifer lovers and those snobs that need to unite.
AllBBHmatter

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am a bouncing fool. Sure, when I'm feeling adventurous I'll jig, crank, pitch, whatever. But when I feel like catching eyes, BB, spinners and crawlers harness is the go to rig. I ain't proud, just efficient.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it's catching fish who cares. I'D rather loose a .14c spinner than a $6 crank.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thinking us fellow BB'ers should unite, and advance our methods. haha

I am not too proud to pull the BB's. Not one bit.

What I have been thinking about trying is using my planer boards to run a wide swat of epic BB setups.
Anyone ever tried this?

I used snap weights and inline weights on Erie, spinners and spoons. Found some of my old spoons the other day, might need to break them out. Ran heaviest weight off back and no board and spaced others out to ply different depths until dialed in. Most often used in line sinkers on a swivel and the snell of spinner rig on same swivel, no more than 5' long. Might work with bouncers but since they sit at a different attitude than snaps and inlines, bit more drag and maybe need more weight.

I like BBs and I cannot lie, you other anglers can't deny...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 91
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67