3K lb Great white from Lake Michigan!!!

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
One big sum beach. Who would have guessed.

I fell for it lol....................

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/fisherman-captures-3000-pound-great-white-shark-in-great-lakes/

shark-michigan.jpg

Last edited:

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm guessing you are aware that this is fake news. There have been a couple of posts on Nodak that link to this site.

[FONT=&quot]World News Daily Report assumes all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any person, living, dead or undead, is purely a miracle.[/FONT]

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might have believed it if they said Sak or Oahe

HUNTFISHND

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure if the comments at the bottom of the article and for real or not just added as part of the joke, but if they are legit, there are some really DUMB people in this world.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
What got me was not long ago i was watching a documentary on sharks and it is really common to find them pretty far upstream in fresh water rivers all over the east coast and Florida.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
What got me was not long ago i was watching a documentary on sharks and it is really common to find them pretty far upstream in fresh water rivers all over the east coast and Florida.

It's fairly common for bull sharks to make those runs. Never heard of other species, though.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not great white's. Bull sharks can survive in fresh water and have been found as far north as Illinois in the Mississippi

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
They may as well twist the plot alittle bit..hmmm...like caught with a fly rod, on a fly and on 2 lb test line...then I'd believe it....:::

rodcontrol

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe bull sharks have been found all the way up into Minnesota from the Mississippi.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
The thing that tipped me off is that they say it was shot with a rifle owned by a long-term Chicago resident.....they can't own guns down there;:;rofl:;:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77