Favorite walleye plastics?

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
After being a jig with live bait only guy for a long time, I'm finally using and gaining confidence in soft plastics.

I've been using 3" sliders in white or chartreuse pearl this season with some luck and would like to add some variety to my collection.

What are your guys go-to brands and colors for pitching or ripping jigs?

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
One of my favorites is the 3.5" powerbait rippleshad. Color depends on the lake but I've had good luck with the all white & firetiger patterns

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't support the use of plastics I don't think stealing the walleyes last meal is right how would you like it if your last meal was a plastic steak with fake flavor I mean come on have a little respect it's only right

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cooter, You must have me mistaken with someone who cares about a fishs' feelings.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I had to pick just one I would choose Saltwater assassin 5 inch paddle tails in Opening Night followed closely by Black Shad and Crystal Shad . If I could have a half dozen it would be as follows.....

Saltwater Assassin paddle tail 4-5 inch Opening Night
Saltwater Assassin paddle tail 4-5 inch Black Shad
Saltwater Assassin paddle tial 4-5 inch Crystal Shad
Mister Twister 3-4 inch curly tail Purple
Mister Twister 3-4 inch curly tail Pumpkinseed
Mister Twister 3 inch Sassy Shad Golden Shad

These have worked VERY WELL for me in the Sheyenne, DL, Sak, LOW, and just about everywhere I've fished.....day or night. Good Luck!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
They aren't new car pretty anymore! They have plenty of teeth dents, dings, and scratches. Even lost a back hook on one when a walleye tried to swallow the thing. They NEED a name though.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
They aren't new car pretty anymore! They have plenty of teeth dents, dings, and scratches. Even lost a back hook on one when a walleye tried to swallow the thing. They NEED a name though.

They got a name. HuffRanger special.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
White or chartreuse 3" twister tails. 3" mimic minnow. Damn those things are good. Something a little more off of the wall that has caught a lot of walleyes this spring is 1/16oz Beatle spins with the solid plastic do-nothin body and gold blade. Throw em along weed-lines. Flutter it in thier face.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You guys are a mountain of info, might have to leave the live bait home once and use that 1000$ of plastic I have bought because I needed it. Wife spotted the two rods and reels in the office the other day and asked if they were new I said nope had them for 4 months now. Only thing that got me off the hook was I said one of them is yours.( Whew) guys got to think fast. Now I need to get the magic marker out and write her name on one.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
+1 for bfishin moxies and paddle tails... and +1 for some mr twisters too... i don't use either a lot but cant seem to be able to buy a bite on minnow style baits... also the gulp 1/2 crawlers on a slow death hook are titties with sprinkles... you never lose the worm and can get good follow up bites

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dont really have a favorite -- - last weekend we used yum, powerbaits and some mimics. If it had white on it - it worked.

- - - Updated - - -

carolina -- pumpkinseed lizard on

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another for the walleye assassin. I use them after the spawn. 3inch twister tail during the spawn.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75