Need a trolling motor

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
took the boat out on Sunday, and low and behold, my trolling motor kicked the bucket. Looking around, I've found copious amounts of different styles, kinds, and manufacturers. Ideally I would like to find a 60" shaft and at least 55 pounds of thrust minimum, 24v. foot pedal doesn't matter to me at all, maybe one of you have something collecting dust????

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
I'm pretty sure. spent half an hour trying to get it to work while on the lake. propeller will turn, but the unit itself wont rotate right or left.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
connections were solid, full battery strength. couldn't hear the motor trying to turn, but that could have been due to the wind also

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
connections were solid, full battery strength. couldn't hear the motor trying to turn, but that could have been due to the wind also

I'm not saying it's not your trolling motor...but I would make darn sure it's not the battery...just because a battery says it's fully charged doesn't mean it's outputting the right amount...or a fuse in the line...have you used the trolling motor this year? your looking for a 24v system does that mean your current motor is 12v?

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the exact same problem.....Check the the multi-pin plug that connects the co-pilot and/or foot pedal to the trolling motor. The female pin holes in the one half of the plug have a tendency to get reamed out over time and you just need to make them slightly smaller to improve the contact with the male pins in the other half of the plug.

Take an ice pick (or similar) and slide the tip between the outside of the female pin holes and the plastic that surrounds them, gently flex the brass sleeves inward so as to make the pin holes smaller. It doesn't take much as the brass is soft, just enough to make sure that you have good contact with each pin.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming you have a Minnkota.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87