Livewell help

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok I have a decent sized livewell and try and keep an eye on the fish and their health while we are fishing. But I dont have a timer for the livewell for it to autoamtically turn on. So the fish die if I am not paying attention. Eventually they will meet the knife if kept but it would be nice if they looked decent when we took pictures. Plus I plan on fishing different tourneys besides AIM and dead fish are a no no.

Now my question.
Would it be easier to add a bubbler system to my livewell or a timer switch for fresh water. I have never had either one. I have a feeling the fish are dying due to lack of oxygen and not water temp as the weekend we kept fish it was cool. But who knows. Anyways give me suggestion and I will take it from there.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
First of all, AIM tournament fish never see a livewell. After that, both of your ideas would work and if you did both it would be even bettef.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just let run all day while in tourneys when I'm just out fishing I Gill them and let them bleed out so it doesn't matter

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think more and more people are cutting them and throwing them on ice immediately. If you need pics take em first. But yes a time is certainly an option. cheap and easy to install.

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Leave your freshwater pump on continuously when it is warm. I only use the auto setting in spring and fall.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I run mine non stop when warm and if its super hot, right to the ice chest. On auto spring and fall.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a fill option, and a recirculate option, both of which can be intermittent, or constant. Lund might not be the best boat on the market, but the live wells are second to none, and then of course they went all liberal ape shit on this aquatic nuisance nonsense and a guy has to clean them asap anyway..

I think my fish are healthier at the end of a day in the Lund live well, then when they were caught.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a fill option, and a recirculate option, both of which can be intermittent, or constant. Lund might not be the best boat on the market, but the live wells are second to none, and then of course they went all liberal ape shit on this aquatic nuisance nonsense and a guy has to clean them asap anyway..

I think my fish are healthier at the end of a day in the Lund live well, then when they were caught.

your fish getting healthier in a livewell and your beers freeze in your yeti. If only yeti made a "livewell". They would probably be cleaned, packaged and frozen by the time you got to the dock and you wouldn't even have to touch the fish.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a fill option, and a recirculate option, both of which can be intermittent, or constant..

me too.

sometimes I wonder if I need help

pussers1.jpg

tm.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No you don't need any help, by the looks of it, you look expert status.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 156
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79