SAK Salmon

Brian Halse

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any word on the salmon at Sak. Should be a good year but haven't heard anything yet.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think July is the very begging of when people will start fishing them. I spent last weekend at the state park and didn't notice anyone fish g for them.

those guys are pretty tight lipped lol

Salmon fisherman are probably the most helpful and open there are. Sak Salmon is less knowledge and more time on the water though.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think July is the very begging of when people will start fishing them. I spent last weekend at the state park and didn't notice anyone fish g for them.

Salmon fisherman are probably the most helpful and open there are. Sak Salmon is less knowledge and more time on the water though.
I know, I was being sarcastic lol

Bows 'n poles

Downriggers and spoons or herring early, or wait until September/October when they move shallow and get em with cranks, spoons, salmon eggs, or worms.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were a handful of boats patrolling the dam yesterday evening. Don't know if they had any success though.

SlamminSalmon

Honored Member
Been out twice for them nothing yet talked with 2 others that have been out but they have had the same luck. Hoping the hot sets a good thermalcline soon. Pull spoons if you like skip jacks otherwise flashers and squids. If you use dipseys try to stay clear of the crowd they turn pretty close behind you since most run downriggers.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been out twice for them nothing yet talked with 2 others that have been out but they have had the same luck. Hoping the hot sets a good thermalcline soon. Pull spoons if you like skip jacks otherwise flashers and squids. If you use dipseys try to stay clear of the crowd they turn pretty close behind you since most run downriggers.

I realize that I was out of my element a few years back, pulling long lines, but a guy with riggers pulled across right behind us. Ping, there goes a $10 deep crank.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62