Protecting fiberglass on the rear deck?

Honored Member
I've got a fiberglass boat and am having trouble keeping the fiberglass patch on the rear deck that meets the floor of the boat from being scratched when setting a cooler back there. Just wondering if anyone else has or is having that issue and what they are doing to protect that area. I was thinking of finding some sort of adhesive rubber pad to place on that spot. Any other suggestions?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Attwood makes a cooler mounting kit. Plastic "blocks" for the corners keeping the cooler off the floor completely and bungee cords to hold the cooler to the mount.

Simple Green or similar type cleaner and a stiff bristle brush should lift up that ground in dirt out of the scratches.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Attwood makes a cooler mounting kit. Plastic "blocks" for the corners keeping the cooler off the floor completely and bungee cords to hold the cooler to the mount.

Simple Green or similar type cleaner and a stiff bristle brush should lift up that ground in dirt out of the scratches.

Those things are like $15 on Amazon Prime.

- - - Updated - - -

Only down side is stubbing your toes when cooler is not there.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those things are like $15 on Amazon Prime.

- - - Updated - - -

Only down side is stubbing your toes when cooler is not there.

Who the heck DOESN'T bring a cooler fishing?

lostinnd

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used blacktip jet ski mat along the edges of my Ranger. It held up for a couple years without fail. My previous one the top cap got all scratched up from coolers and people stepping. Another plus is that it is a good traction aid if you are hopping in and out of the boat.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member

Kinda looks like the kid friendly, multi-colored floor mats that fit together like a puzzle piece. I now use my kid's old ones in the shop next to the work bench. Awesome damn things, available at Menards and Sam's club for a fraction of what I suspect the Seadeck stuff would set a person back. That plus a little double-sided tape and life would be good.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69