2017 Governors Cup

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who is all fishing this year?

My partner and I will be up Thursday pre-fishing.

I assume if V is in the event, we are all fishing for 2nd place.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish but unfortunately my partner sent it in too late. It's the first year it was his responsibility...lesson learned. Hopefully the weather is decent and not like last years second day shit show. I will be envious of you guys fishing it and you guys will not be getting the annual donation (registration fee) from me and my partner. Hopefully next year we will be donating again. Good luck guys. The east end of sakakawea is a different animal.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish but unfortunately my partner sent it in too late. It's the first year it was his responsibility...lesson learned. Hopefully the weather is decent and not like last years second day shit show. I will be envious of you guys fishing it and you guys will not be getting the annual donation (registration fee) from me and my partner. Hopefully next year we will be donating again. Good luck guys. The east end of sakakawea is a different animal.

I didn't even send in. Mark my words, I'll be there next year.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish but unfortunately my partner sent it in too late. It's the first year it was his responsibility...lesson learned.

It's damn near impossible to trust anybody! Finding a wife is damn near easier than finding a rock solid hunting and fishing partner.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
V almost better not pre-fishing. The way it sounds you fish the lake so you know spots. Looks like 15-20 ft is a good depth Just go fishing. I'm betting on a top 10 just saying.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of the best fishing in tourys for me was when i did some pre fishing and just went fishing good luck to all you in it.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Looked at the boundaries earlier today on the tournament page...west edge to Berthold Bay. 250 boats from the embankment to that west edge...the start should be fun to watch!;:;popcorn

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
They extended the boundary this year. In the past you could only go as far west as the west point of Douglas. Nice to have a few more miles to fish.

Although in years past, I think majority of the boats could be found in Steinke, Douglas, and Garrison Bay.

Just praying the forecast for Friday changes. No T-storms wanted.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
my favorite part of this tournament was always the shotgun start

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haven't finished it in a while (2008) but we were able to go all the way to the west bank of Nishu bay that year

Honkerherms

Founding Member
Founding Member
my favorite part of this tournament was always the shotgun start

From the Game and Fish page: STANDARD PROVISIONS FOR A
FISHING CONTEST (TOURNAMENT) PERMIT
[FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow](TO ENSURE A TOURNAMENT SPONSOR IS ISSUED A VALID TOURNAMENT PERMIT[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow], [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]THE SPONSOR MUST MEET[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]/[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]ADDRESS THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Arial Narrow]) [/FONT][/FONT]

RECOMMENDATIONS

3. Requireall participants to wear life jackets upon take-off. This is a good safetymeasure and provides a positive message to non-tournament anglers. Also, due tosafety concerns, the Department strongly discourages ‘shotgun’ style take offs.Instead numbered flights with idle-speed single-file exits from launching sitesare strongly recommended.
I know its not mandatory, but it is recommended. I have never seen the start, but is it a shot gun start?

Honkerherms
Jeff

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
in a single file line you do not want to be the last one to leave... you will meet some wicked walleye action real quick (DWC)... shot gun start at the gov cup isn't bad because everyone is going different directions and the mouth of the bay is plenty big to accommodate the boats

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
They go out in 4 flights. I believe 1/2 hour apart. Good luck to all entrants, and be SAFE. Going to try and make Fridays weigh in, and will defiantly be at Saturday's.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 116
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69