Now they are shooting dogs -- if they wag shootem

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
GUN training 101 - ricochet forward bullet person in the home --- hello. I think the TV the video games is just setting this falsehood of just pull the trigger

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
GUN training 101 - ricochet forward bullet person in the home --- hello. I think the TV the video games is just setting this falsehood of just pull the trigger

download.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

can you screen shot some of your work emails? Include responses

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Suspects are down:

MINNEAPOLIS -- Body camera video released Thursday shows how two dogs approached a Minneapolis police officer before they were shot and seriously wounded in their fenced-in backyard earlier this month, CBS Minnesota reports.
The officer was responding to a false security alarm on July 8 when he shot the dogs, according to the police report. One suffered a bullet wound to the jaw, and the other was hit multiple times in its body. Both dogs survived but will require extensive treatment.
In the body camera footage, the first dog can be seen approaching the officer, identified as Michael Mays, slowly with its tail wagging. After the officer shoots the animal in the face, the other dog dashes toward the officer and is hit by gunfire.
"I dispatched both of them," the officer reports immediately after the shooting. Video then shows Mays climb the backyard fence, walk around the house and speak to the teenage resident who tripped the alarm.

- - - Updated - - -

damn lucky it wasnt my shorthair

- - - Updated - - -

he would of ended up emptying his clip and still wouldnt of hit er

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
'I dispatched both of them': Police body camera video shows Minneapolis cop shooting two emotional support dogs then apologizing to their sobbing teenage owner
Police body camera footage emerged on Thursday showing a Minneapolis officer shooting two dogs in a woman's backyard and then apologizing to the sobbing owner.
The two Staffordshire terriers named Ciroc and Rocko were seriously wounded in the police-involved shooting that occurred on July 8 while the officer was responding to a false break-in alarm.
Just a week after the dog shooting, another Minneapolis police officer shot and killed local yoga instructor Justine Ruszczyk after she called 911 to report a possible rape taking place near her home.
Dog owner Jennifer LeMay last week released surveillance footage that captured the moment Officer Michael Mays entered LeMay's backyard and encountered the two pets.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...olis-cop-shooting-two-dogs.html#ixzz4nU8eEe34
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Evidently the cops in Minneapolis are a bit jumpy. The one with the dog must not have been trained on how to read the different body signs that a dog makes, i.e. a happy\angry dog.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
ive seen dogs that are wagging their tails get aggressive

- - - Updated - - -

i wouldnt mess with a pit, tail wagging or not

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
but... but... they were emotional support dogs

- - - Updated - - -

yeah - don't give me that "read a dog" BS when it comes to pits - they're more unpredictable than johnr

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
So its ok for a cop, or anyone for that matter, to walk into my FENCED back yard, unannounced and shoot my dog, sorry guys I call bull shit on this one. Doesn't matter what kind of dog. That officer should of backed out of that yard once he knew there were dogs there, and went the front door or called the owner on the phone.

Last edited:

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
So its ok for a cop, or anyone for that matter, to walk into my FENCED back yard, unannounced and shoot my dog, sorry guys I call bull shit on this one. Doesn't matter what kind of dog. That officer should of backed out of that yard once he knew there were dogs there, and went the front door or called the owner on the phone.

I agree!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
did the cop think the robber had his dogs along? he shoots and then leaves the property to go the front. I can see to retreat if the bad guy is in the house now he heard the shot --- but stay at your post buddy.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
but... but... they were emotional support dogs

- - - Updated - - -

yeah - don't give me that "read a dog" BS when it comes to pits - they're more unpredictable than johnr

oooooohhhhh zinger dinger alarm bell ringer

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly! Another LEO with the shoot first, ask questions later mentality.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly Tikka, this is very hard to hear and I sure as hell won't watch the video. #$(*& that officer.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose its too easy for us to armchair this --- you have the dog that jumps into the shit (springer, lab) and then you have the GSP who says fck that. its somewhat dark --- he jumps over the fence (jumps into the shit)--- if the house was being robbed he would of been a hero. It didnt look like he had anywhere to back into with the dogs and he is focused on the home.. I dont know -- i guess i shouldnt open my big mouth - not an easy job with ones life ont he line.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75