Navionics and Sakakawea

Dominator175

My lake master chip does not work on new HDS Touch and had to get a new card once again. Went with navionics hotmaps platinum hoping they had improved Sakakawea contours with the use of the community updates. I updated the card and found the same missing contours in water under 20 ft just like past navionics cards. Am I missing something or are others finding the same scenario? Thanks

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't help you with the Navionics. What I will say is that I was super impressed with the Lakemaster chip up there. I don't know the ins/outs anymore with Lowrance & Lakemaster though. Good luck!

Jim Carroll

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try this on your Lowrance HDS Touch- From the menu when you have your chart screen designated:

Menu / Chart Options / Fish 'N Chip / Enter You should now see 1' contours up to 1850 (Full Pool) in most areas of the lake.

There are a lot of Lowrance users that do not know about this feature when using Navionics Charts.

More info here: https://d35p7xln6yurxv.cloudfront.net/migration/documents/QuickStart_Lowrance.pdf

Good Luck! Jim Carroll NPAA#13

Dominator175

Thanks for the tip Jim! I was not able to find the "fish n chip" option under chart options for some reason but checking for it allowed me to click something that brought up the shallow contours. I will have to do some more messing around with it this week. Thanks

Jim Carroll

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the tip Jim! I was not able to find the "fish n chip" option under chart options for some reason but checking for it allowed me to click something that brought up the shallow contours. I will have to do some more messing around with it this week. Thanks

Depending on which version of software you have installed, it may also be called SonarChart on some Lowrance menus.

Jim Carroll NPAA #13

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84