What's your go to?

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's your go to lure/presentation and why? Mine has always been a Jig combination of some sort. That hollow thud that you feel when a walleye inhales your jig still makes me giggle.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Completely dependent on where I'm fishing. This spring I was surprised by how little my cranking rods were used. Little lakes I'll troll as I look at my side scan. Then maybe a jig and plastics or spinners and lindy's. Always have a game plan, but rarely stick to it off the bat.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Casting...whether it be jigs or cranks. Make me sit in a boat all day and bobber fish and I will jump out and swim to shore.

squirrel92

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love to pitch whether that be jig/minnow before ice off in rivers, jig/plastic or lipless cranks in the spring, or lipped cranks in the summer.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love casting cranks and jigs. I am Really getting into tossing big heavy jigs also for superpigs. I want a 25lb pike really bad and need to buy some bigger lures for this fall to cast with. My favorite cranks are #5 through #9 shad raps. My favorite jigs are made by kits tackle in montana.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
1/8th oz jig and plastic. The Sheyenne Walleyes just love to whack'em!!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM this fall lets go for a 25lb pike up north.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lindy rig with live bait, its the universal sure fire way to catch a fish any where on the planet. you can cast and retrieve or just let it sit. Works in salt or fresh. It has all the parts necessary to catch a fish, a weight, a hook, and some bait.

first thing I do on an unfamiliar body of water is tie on a lindy and cast it out. leave one sit, and cast & retrieve the other

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love casting cranks and jigs. I am Really getting into tossing big heavy jigs also for superpigs. I want a 25lb pike really bad and need to buy some bigger lures for this fall to cast with. My favorite cranks are #5 through #9 shad raps. My favorite jigs are made by kits tackle in montana.

Only because you haven't tried my bucktails yet.

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
my favorite has to be the jig. Jigging is the most fun way to catch fish in my opinion. although in the summer i mostly run spinners or cranks but i still will jig. in the spring it is nothing but jigs.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Early season is a jig and minnow. Once the water warms then just a jig and plastic.

huntorride365

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lindy rig with live bait, its the universal sure fire way to catch a fish any where on the planet. you can cast and retrieve or just let it sit. Works in salt or fresh. It has all the parts necessary to catch a fish, a weight, a hook, and some bait.

first thing I do on an unfamiliar body of water is tie on a lindy and cast it out. leave one sit, and cast & retrieve the other

Agreed. And they will work whether the fish want something fast or slow. A jig can fit the same bill, outside of just letting it sit.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 109
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66