Bow Strings Recommendations

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a BowTech Allegiance that i would like to put some new strings on. I have never really replaced strings, so not really sure of the best route or what brand. Am I better off just going to Scheels or ordering from a custom string maker?

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
60x is supposed to be pretty decent - I have never used them before.

I have used JBK strings for my last few and have been very pleased with his work.
https://jbkstrings.com/

there is a ND (bismarck) guy that makes strings too. Supposed to be pretty good as well. He has posted on here before. His website isn't working now but still has a facebook presence.

https://www.facebook.com/prestigearcherybowstrings/

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've used JBK, Vapor Trail, and winners choice. I just ordered a set from Catfish Customs from Mike out of Michigan. He is supposed to be very good and make good sets for Xpedition bows.
60X is supposed to be pretty good too.
From what I've seen, the custom guys are just as good if not better than bigger companies, and are cheaper. Not sure if the bigger companies offer "custom" color schemes, but all the smaller guys do.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just so everyone is clear. There are two separate 60x companies that make bow strings. The one I posted is just one guy out of Montana. He only uses 452x material which is what I suggest the average "set it and forget it" guy use. The other is a bigger company out of Pennsylvania and they have more options for materials.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just so everyone is clear. There are two separate 60x companies that make bow strings. The one I posted is just one guy out of Montana. He only uses 452x material which is what I suggest the average "set it and forget it" guy use. The other is a bigger company out of Pennsylvania and they have more options for materials.

Did not know that.

Here's the link for the other 60x. this is the one I was referring to.

https://www.60xcustomstrings.com/

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
60x custom strings makes some good stuff. My only concern is that they've grown a little too much for my liking. Twisted X custom strings makes some excellent strings for about the same price. A few more options would be hogwire and catfish customs.

I was actually just about to pull the trigger on a new set to get broken in before the season. I can't decide between twisted x and 60x. I'm kind of leaning toward the twisted x, just to give the smaller guy some business. 60x started mass producing their strings a couple years ago.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might have to give the 60xArchery in Great Falls a try. Thanks!

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got off the phone with Mike from Catfish Custom Strings. I'll be placing an order through him tonight. Full set for my Synery and almost half the price. Super nice guy, and answered all my questions regarding the different materials.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a heads up the fella outta bismarck that makes strings is Austin Fettig. I use his strings on my old ass hoyt powerhawk and they are great. Not for sure if he is still in business tho as I believe I saw him advertising all his equipment for sale on facebook

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77