dukgnfsn

1. DL last weekend

Drove up to DL last Wednesday and fished out of Woodland resort ice houses after and during (Thursday) the coldest days of the year to that point for 3 days of fishing thru Saturday. We caught about 15-20 walleye each day but only 4 that we kept, lots of little ones. Marked a lot of fish and missed at least as many as we caught. They were barely grabbing the minnow by the head or the tail and on the hook set would get the minnow with no hook in them. During the day when we moved out into deeper water looking for perch we also marked fish but lot of lookers with no hookers, we caught one perch ...
    Categories
    Devils Lake
  2. Mighty Missouri

Hit the river yesterday, went out of the McC;lean gun range dock and it was a tough day for me, I had one bite in about 4 hours. Have fished the river for about 30 years and would like to think I am an okay river fisherman and my last 2 trips out have humbled me. Either the fish are getting smarter or haunting different areas than past years or I am forgetting how to fish in my old age. Tried 6-7 spots in 6-18 ft. and only the one bite. On the good side got the stabil in the fuel system for winter storage and enjoyed a nice afternoon. GL to others out there. Water is down about 2+ ft from about ...
    Categories
    Missouri River
  3. Swan Lake

Fished Swan lake today for about 5 hours, walked in and there is no vehicle access to lake, a smart 4-wheeler operator will get around if you can get on without getting stuck at edges. Drilled in about 5 different spots and marked fish at all of them, wish I would have had a camera to see what was actually down there. Caught ten 5-6 inch perch and they were barely tapping the wax worms and the minnow never got touched, excited a few times but on bobber's down. dukgnfsn
  4. Missouri river south of Huff area

Fished tonight in the area south of Huff and caught and released a nice northern, (in photos) and caught 5 keeper walleye and missed a few bites. Slow for us, I am blaming weather changes, can't be me.
    dukgnfsn
    Categories
    Missouri River
  5. Missouri River

Fished out of Huff area on Saturday and it was a lot slower for me than last weekend. caught 7 small walleyes and 7 very small northern. Very few bites compared to last week also. Just jigging with minnows.
    Categories
    Missouri River
  6. mighty missouri

fished today and my pic is up of the big one, ended with a limit of keepers but was tough bite, First time out so had to find them. very light biting, missed at least 20 other bites and got 5 keepers and released the big one. On the good side boat worked good.
    Categories
    Missouri River
  7. Be careful out there

Was working a few lakes east of Bismarck today and the last lake I fished was Jasper. on my walk out to where I wanted to fish in at least 15ft in the middle of nowhere there was a open water hole of at least 4X6 plus. Could see no reason for this but was there so just pay close attention as moving on ice. Driving by Horsehead seen at least 2 had driven on, we are getting to that time of year I think if guys keep pushing we are gonna hear of more thinking they have a submarine instead of a vehicle. BE CAREFUL PLEASE. Slow fishing for me, caught a few at dusk.
    dukgnfsn
  8. Jasper Lake

Well slow seems to be the theme on last couple reports. Tried to get into Koeing Lakes north of Robinson and the wind beforethe heat blew in some pretty good drifts, got about 1/2 mile from lake and decided didn't want to shovel so left. Walked on and fished Swan for a while 1 4in perch and only marked a couple. Finished the day on Jasper and marked fish off and on all afternoon, could get them 3ft+ off the bottom and then they shoot right back to bottom. 3 very small perch for me. A group just down from me caught a few nice perch and 1 keeper walleye that I seen but slow for them also as 4 people ...

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter