Recent Report Posts

1. Douglas Bay

Was out on Douglas yesterday (Sunday). Ice was good until around the guard camp point, there it was broken up from a windy freeze, but still fine for ATV/SXS travel. 18-20" back towards the landings, about 14-17" everywhere else we drilled. We were on a ATV.

Tried 2 different spots spearing, saw 8 pike total, speared 4, one was 19lbs. Water was clear to about 6-7 ft, then got murky. Orange/black was the color.

Fished walleye on a hump in the evening. Got set up a little late, but ended up catching 3, bite was hot for about 15-20 minutes, then slowed to ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  2. Broken Oar Ice Tournament 2020

Looked like a decent turn out, but i didn't stay to see the results. Anyone know where to find what fish and size of fish were caught Saturday?
    Categories
    Missouri River
  3. Lake Audubon

Fished Sat/Sun, (1-11/12), fishing was slow. Fish were biting light. Only kept one 16". Had a couple nice ones around 7 Sat nite. Was fishing in 24' of water. Ice was about 20"
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
  4. Froelich Dam

Has anyone fished Froelich Dam? I'm new to the Bismarck area and looking for some spots to try. Thanks.
    Categories
    Fordville Dam
  5. Lake Audobun

Fished Audobun this past weekend around the turtle lake access in 18 fow, with little success. Marked a couple throughout the night, but overall it was extremely slow. Thinking maybe the winter storm coulda messed with the fish. Gonna try it again this coming weekend... Has anyone been having luck up there lately though?
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
  6. Sweet Briar

Went out on New Year's (1/1/2020). Didn't get any bites while fishing along the edge of the channel on the north end of the lake until sunset. From 5:15 pm to 5:45 pm there was a flurry of activity. Then it all stopped. Was fishing various holes from 9 to 16 feet of water.
    Categories
    Sweet Briar
  7. 01-01-2020 oahe

Fished Ft Yates right south of town right out from the rip rap. Nothing...9" of ice. I talked to a couple others who were out by me but deeper.... same results.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  8. Mobridge OAHE

We got 6 keeper walleye in the Grand River area. Fished a sharp drop from 20 to 40 fow. All the fish were caught in a 30 minute window at sundown. Ice was 9". Some brave soul had a pickup on the ice! Fish were between 14 - 16 inches.

The flip over worked great.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  9. Audubon - Turtle Lake Ramp Area 12/23

Drilled holes in 13 to 20 fow...ice was 15 inches. Half tons and ice castles out in that bay...I walked out...good exercise pulling an 80 pound flipover! Got out about 2:30...off the ice at 6PM. Only caught 1 pike...33inch and 1 walleye...22 inch female...both fish released. Nice afternoon actually...about 25 degrees-didn't even set the house up just ran the heater to warm up my hands. Merry Christmas all...God bless you and yours!
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
  10. Audubon

Went to Audubon for the first time last week and again Friday (12-20-19) fished off the 3 mile boat ramp, my son and I caught our limit in 3 hours both times, all 14 to 18 inches, let a few 12 and 13 inchers go. they seem to like the deeper water, 18 fow plus. Ice was 11 to 14 inches depending on where you stood
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
  11. Big mallard Marsh

Anyone been around Big mallard Marsh? Just looking for an ice report
  12. Metigoshe Ice

Just a heads up for those around Metigoshe or heading up over the holidays. I was by the outlet on Wednesday and the water still going over the dam. Looks like it either needs to freeze hard or drop about 2" more and it'll be done for the year. In the meantime, the lake, and especially the south end by Hahns Bay, is going to be sketch. checked it last weekend and it was 6-8" most places. It hasn't gotten exceptionally cold since then, so I can't imagine it would be much thicker, on the south end anyway. Find that magic spot where theres still current and it could be much much less. ...
    Categories
    Lake Metigoshe
Page 1 of 172 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube