Recent Report Posts

1. West lake napoleon 5/18/2020

wasnt hot and heavy, but there are pike in there, best luck was with gold/copper colored spoons. Fish were all full of scuds and leeches, no fish in them at all.. I found that somewhat odd.

Name:  PikefromWL.jpg
Views: 2455
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  20200517_151009.jpg
Views: 2452
Size:  103.6 KB
  2. West Sakakawea

I took the whole family out, including my father in law, for a weekend on the water. We had a good ole' time. We caught our 'eyes, and about a million white bass. We were mostly using jig and minnow, or pulling spinners. My youngest son was casting a jig and plastic. The wife stayed true to her crawlers. We caught fish on all of it. I know guys were doing well with cranks as well.

Sounds like the hook is also doing okay for 'eyes, and after this warm week of weather, I would guess it will be quite good by next weekend.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  3. Drive About

Most every lake we went to had boats and shore fishermen. All lakes were south of highway 13 and east of Oakes.
    Categories
    Other: SE ND Area
  4. Fishing around Central ND /Jamestown.

Looking for any info reports on lakes in the Jamestown area/central ND area,
  5. Lake tschida

Well bring lots of minnows the 10-14” walleyes are going like piranha on jigs lindys spinners almost as fast as you can get it in the water. Did find a couple nicer ones 15-18” on live bait and some nice crappies too. Fish were in 6-20 feet. Cranks also produced fish for us, better quality too, we pulled in about 11-15 feet clown was the best color.
    Categories
    Lake Tschida
  6. West Sakakawea

The wife, our daughter, and I headed out fishing this evening. We were west of White Earth a ways. We fished in 7-12 fow for the most part. Drifting/jigging a jig and minnow seemed to be the best for us. My 7 year old daughter had a hay day with a bottom bouncer and a green smile blade with a minnow on it. She schooled us today, and I couldn’t be happier about it.

We had a solid day for walleye, and slaughtered the white bass.

It was a great day that the wife and I will always remember.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  7. tobacco gardens area

last weekend we trailered up to tobacco gardens, man that entire area both sides of the lake looked like spring break on the shoreline. The fishing was decent the south side the water was dirty and not near as much action. on the north side we fished 3 miles on either side of lunds landing, way more people east than west, we had our best luck pulling cranks in 9-11 feet for walleye. biggest problem was keeping the white bass off the hooks. We did catch fish all the way out to 25 feet but the best walleye we found were shallower fish ranged from 13-22" for us.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  8. Newtown Area

Unloaded at the Marina and headed west. 3 man limit was ground out on minnows. Highest I seen was 58 degree water temp.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  9. Red River 5-6-20

Grand Forks finally opened up this week. Water temp is 56 and the water is still falling quickly from the flood making for confused catfish. They are there just not all that active. It looks like things are finally beginning to level off so it is just days away.

Some fish are being caught out of the current on the shelf near the slower current seam. (In short inside corners) It takes 12-15 minutes for fish to find and pickup the bait then decide they want it. Once the water levels off they will go from picking to hitting.

My kid did stick a couple good ones over the past ...
    Categories
    Red River
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images   
  10. Lake Darling

Went splashing around Sunday. 53 degree water temp. Didnt mark a thing in 2 hours.
    Categories
    Lake Darling
  11. fox island

fished about 1.5 hours saturday late afternoon. Pitching seemed to work best. Of the 4 suspected females, 2 were spawned out, other 2 had eggs. found a few fish and a lot of pontoons and jet skis
    Categories
    Missouri River
  12. Red River 4-30-20

The Red at Grand Forks is just below flood stage. The Lincoln Park ramp is open and the North Landing should be open soon. East Grand Forks is about a week out.

Water temps are in the mid 50s and water levels are stabilizing which says there should be great fishing on the weekend or early next week. There are already some reports of cats being caught in shallow still water areas along the bank.
    Categories
    Red River
Page 1 of 175 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube