Recent Report Posts

1. Good friday!!

PERSONAL BEST

29.5" 8.7 lbs We put in at Ft. Rice fished around noon to 6:30. Kept 6 released about 6 including the Big Mama.

Name:  20200410_170009.jpg
Views: 5864
Size:  80.9 KB
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  2. Beaver Bay Oahe

I was down at beav yesterday. Getting on the ice was nearly impossible as there was about 20 feet of water that had a thin layer of ice all around. A few of us did manage to find a way on from the south shore and I left at noon and made it off without wet feet, but barely. I fished all morning and had no action. The water appeared to be stained. I will not attempt to ice fish there again this season.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  3. Who says OAHE doesn't have big fish!

Name:  20200125_175739.jpg
Views: 9599
Size:  61.2 KB
    Only bite of the day. First fish out of my new shack! Put it back, I'd say over 10lbs
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  4. 01-01-2020 oahe

Fished Ft Yates right south of town right out from the rip rap. Nothing...9" of ice. I talked to a couple others who were out by me but deeper.... same results.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  5. Mobridge OAHE

We got 6 keeper walleye in the Grand River area. Fished a sharp drop from 20 to 40 fow. All the fish were caught in a 30 minute window at sundown. Ice was 9". Some brave soul had a pickup on the ice! Fish were between 14 - 16 inches.

The flip over worked great.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  6. Lake Oahe Ice Reports

Anybody know if any of the Oahe bays have ice yet? Thanks
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  7. Fort Yates

Went out today 9/1 from 12:30-4:40. My buddy wanted to use his 14 Ft boat since he hadn't run it yet this season. We fished main channel break between Winona and Yates. We jigged an Lindy rigged with minnows. No wind at all, but caught 3 nice fish, 22", 21", and 18".
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  8. Beaver Bay Oahe

Caught a 2 man limit today south of Beaver in 25' to 35' on edges of the main channel. Caught them on lindys and jigs with worms, leeches and minnows with the majority of them coming on jigs and minnows.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  9. Hazelton

Went to Hazelton late afternoon and evening. Slow is the word. Caught a couple pulling cranks. Water is very dirty and greenish hue. Water temps 63-64. But it was a great evening to be out.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  10. Porcupine Area Oahe

Put in at Beaver Bay today and ran south to the Porcupine area. Vertical jigging with jigs/minnows & jigs/crawlers. 26 to 28 FOW. Ended up with 4 nice walleyes 16-20 inches, then the catfish moved in. If anyone wants catfish head on down! We could have caught more walleyes but ran out of time. Overall good outing.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  11. Beaver bay Oahe

Fished west side of oahe out of beaver bay (830 to 130). Fished 20 to 30 feet bottom bouncer slow death. Best luck was around 23 feet with worms. Caught a bunch of small ones and missed 2 keepers at the boat. Went home with 3 16 inchers. Caught 3 perch about 7 inches. Tried leeches no luck.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  12. Hazelton Boat Dock Area

Fished with my brother close to Hazelton boat dock. We tried a number of techniques including slow death, spinners, jigging and crankbaits but used bottom bouncers about 90% of the time as they were the only thing we caught fish on. We caught our limit in about 3 hours. It was slow fishing for the most part except from about 11am to noon when we caught the majority of the fish. The fish were small and ranged form 14" to 16". Most fish were caught in 14 feet. About 10 other boats out and saw few being caught.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube