Recent Report Posts

1. Beaver Bay Oahe

Caught a 2 man limit today south of Beaver in 25' to 35' on edges of the main channel. Caught them on lindys and jigs with worms, leeches and minnows with the majority of them coming on jigs and minnows.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  2. 8-16 East end Sakakawea

Went out today. Started out at 8:30 out of Lake Sakakawea State Park. Worked through little ones and plenty of bass. Kept our 10, couple smaller due to catching them deep or hooked too deep. 25-40 feet of water on slow death. Name:  20190816_153318.jpg
Views: 1334
Size:  98.1 KBName:  20190816_153409.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  79.5 KB
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  3. Dry Lake By Ashley.

Wife and I went to Dry today and only caught 2 16 inchers. Wind died and was hotter than hell on the water and it is really green. I have never seen the weed line out as far as it is.
  4. Hazelton

Went to Hazelton late afternoon and evening. Slow is the word. Caught a couple pulling cranks. Water is very dirty and greenish hue. Water temps 63-64. But it was a great evening to be out.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  5. Porcupine Area Oahe

Put in at Beaver Bay today and ran south to the Porcupine area. Vertical jigging with jigs/minnows & jigs/crawlers. 26 to 28 FOW. Ended up with 4 nice walleyes 16-20 inches, then the catfish moved in. If anyone wants catfish head on down! We could have caught more walleyes but ran out of time. Overall good outing.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  6. Salmon on the Lake Post# 4

Finally caught mi first one on Sunday. Been hearing that some guys are doing OK now. Hopefully they are going to go now. Have heard of fish being caught all times of day it seems. Been hearing depths of anywhere from 75-95 feet. Will give it a go this weekend if Mother Nature cooperates.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  7. Nishu Bay Sakakawea

Fished Nishu for a few hours Sunday the 4th. Stayed deep 28 to 35 feet. Worms and slow death with smile blade. Green was the color. A boat next to us caught a 27 and 21. Biggest we got was 23 the rest 13/14 inchers. Water temp was 72 to 74.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  8. East sak

The northern pike bite is hot on the east end of sak... got a 40" today..... hot hot and no wind. Also popped a cherry with a hook in the finger and broke my net with this Haaus of a fish

Name:  20190804_181655.jpg
Views: 3842
Size:  97.5 KBName:  20190804_181702.jpg
Views: 3827
Size:  96.3 KB
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  9. Tailrace Fishing

I would like to take my kids up to the tailrace next weekend with the boat. Has anyone been fishing there that could give me a report?
  10. Beaver bay Oahe

Fished west side of oahe out of beaver bay (830 to 130). Fished 20 to 30 feet bottom bouncer slow death. Best luck was around 23 feet with worms. Caught a bunch of small ones and missed 2 keepers at the boat. Went home with 3 16 inchers. Caught 3 perch about 7 inches. Tried leeches no luck.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  11. Van hook

Good fishing the last 3 days... fished anywhere from 10ft to 35 fow. Pulled cranks in perch and fire tiger... bb and crawler harness with half crawler seemed best, seemed like when we cranked up the speed is when we started to catch more fish. 1.2 to 1.7 with bb and 1.9 to 2.3 with cranks. 30-40 fish a day average and fish from little 12 inchers to good eaters in the 15-17 inch range and 2 28 inches were biggest of the trip. Sunken islands next to deep water were best. Good luck with worriers on the water... hope this helps

Name:  56932.jpg
Views: 4603
Size:  95.4 KBName:  56922.jpg
Views: 4545
Size:  89.4 KB ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  12. poor fishing at pouch point

Fished Monday and Tuesday and got skunked. Tried everything and they are not biting. Three of us worked from 5 am to 2 pm and they are not interested in crawlers, leeches or minnows. Most fishing had the same results and think this is a disappointing season so far, kinda shocked as the last 3-4 years were awesome.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
Page 1 of 167 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube