Recent Report Posts

1. Sibley or Josephine

Have intentions of fishing one or possibly both lakes tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if I can still get around with the truck or has the snow gotten too deep and ATV will be needed? Tight Lines!
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  2. Sibley Lake

Has anyone one been out to Sibley? How's the ice thickness\ hidden pressure ridges? Did the storm mess up access at all? I know in years past that road in has been a $#|% show. Thinking about doing a over nighter out there this weekend. Anyone having any luck?

Thanks,,
    Tags: sibley lake Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  3. Sibley Lake

Got on the water about 9:30 fished the south and west end of the lake. Caught 2 keeper walleye about 18" . Nice and fat. Fished about 3 hrs or so. Use BB and clawers with spinner blades. Caught a lot of small ones 10" or less. Also. I couldn't keep the perch off my line (but no keepers in the bunch). Not much of a report but it was still a nice day to be out on the water.
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  4. Sibley lake

Wife and kids are sick of just sitting in the boat with the high waters (no beaches) on the big lake. Thinkin about headed to sibley to fish and play on sat. Have the eyes been biting out there this summer at all where I can get a fix too?
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  5. Sibley Lake

Went out on Sibley last Saturday (2/3/18) and fished perch at 20-25ft. Had perch all day with one walleye. Caught them all on minnows on dead sticks. Jigging didn't work for us. Active bites till about 2pm then it got really slow. Didnt get to stay for the evening bite. Approximately 22-26 inches of ice. Large pressure ridge running from the north to the SW corner. Can get around it on the north side or south side of the lake though.
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  6. Sibley Lake 1/18/2018

Lots of people on Sibley Thursday (1/18/2018). Fished the west side. Saw about a dozen small perch and three walleye on the cameras but didn't find any that would commit to our buckshots or dead sticks. Was a beautiful, warmer day on the water. I expect it to be busy there this weekend, judging by how busy it was on a day off. There is a small pressure ridge building from the East side and running to the west, but it was safe to drive on the west side around the lake. Hope others that were out had better luck than us. Most were fishing deeper. We stayed in from 7-16 feet.
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  7. Sibley Lake

Went to Sibley mid last week. Took awhile to find where the bulk of the walleyed were hiding but once I did, I could barely keep a line in the water. Bigger fish were more spread out, the 14s were stacked. Spinners tipped with crawlers in less than 10 feet of water. Color didn't seem to matter. The gravel road leading in has been repaired.
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  8. Sibley Lake

Tried sibley today, action was very hit and miss, popped lots of holes, managed to grab some perch and a couple eyes. Was able to access ice easy at the ramp in the morning w a quad and no tracks, return trip a WHOLE different ballgame, a truck got stuck coming off last night and was drug up the ramp w winch today and completely destroyed the nice hard drifts everyone was easily driving across to access, NOW it's tracks only I'm afraid, also the road from ramp out is a handful after trailers being drug through it all day, was nice set of tracks through in the morning, thanks to all. Just a heads ...
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  9. Sibley Lake Kidder County

Any reports on sibley? Is the access plowed?
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  10. Sibley 12/15

Hit Sibley for a bit yesterday 12/15 in the afternoon. Access is good. There is considerably less snow to the east of Bismarck. Lake had 13" of very cloudy ice, the surface is rough also and you could tell that it was snowing and blowing when things froze over. The bottom 1-2 inches appeared to be clear ice. I wouldn't be to anxious to take a vehicle out on any ice right now.

Stayed towards the north end in 12 ft to 22 ft of water. Lots of lookers but not many takers, ended up with 2 that were caught towards evening, both were 16" or so. Spoke with another who was out and ...
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  11. Sibley Lake vs New Johns chain vs ????

Plan on taking some kids out the water this weekend. Wanted to try some smaller waters. Wondering where I would have the best luck with catching some walleyes. They don't need to be 20" plus but I'd rather not just catch 13"-14" either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
  12. Sibley Lake

Fishing was good, not great. Little front moved through this morning kinda slowed the fish down a bit I but boated a two man limit nonetheless. We pulled spinner with crawlers, color didn't seem to matter. Largest was 18".

If you're fount out there from Dawson, please know that there is road "construction" going on along almost the whole length of the gravel road to the lake where the blade pulled up dirt clods and grass and all kinds of shit onto the road and it is rough as hell. Kinda looks like it was just plowed up. My top speed for that stretch was about 15mph ...
    Categories
    Sibley Lake
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube