Recent Report Posts

1. South of Bismarck

Name:  B47A3A92-2D74-43FA-8C38-543F8B783BA2.jpg
Views: 4074
Size:  86.4 KB

Fished South of Bismarck for a few hours on 11/23. Four fish from 26-28 all released, kept a limit of 15-16. Beautiful day to be out!
    Categories
    Missouri River
  2. Lake ohae/fox island

Anybody been getting fish in this stretch of river
    Categories
    Missouri River
  3. Missouri River Shore Fishing

Fished south of Mandan Thursday and Friday evening. Only one catfish Thursday night, five catfish, 3 walleye, and 2 white bass Friday night. Fished 3 hrs each evening. Biggest walleye was 19 inches. Tried using minnows with every color floating jig and multiple colored plain hooks. Friday i was father south and had better luck, both locations i do very well in the spring and late fall on a normal year. Water is very high and muddy!
    Categories
    Missouri River
  4. Tail Race 10/16-10/19

Spent a few days at the tail race and fished everywhere between the chutes and the confluence where the overflow meets the river. We didn't break any records, but did manage a few eater size eyes, plenty of catfish (don't overlook them, they're delicious!), a few salmon, and the occasional northern. Best part of the trip (outside of the good company) was a 14lb 0oz walleye caught on the first night. She was thick and had been eating VERY well! We did best on 3 ways up by the chutes with husky jerks, and jiggin raps at the downstream pond. The later you can fish, the better it seemed to get. ...
    Categories
    Missouri River
  5. Bis-Man Missouri River

Heading out fishing tomorrow on the boat and have not been out in a month or two. Just seeing if North of Bis-Man or South of Bis-Man would be better. I'm not here to take anyones fishing spot or catch all the fish. I'm just a guy that dosn't get out much and can't fish everyday to track the fish and fish every little contour. Also, not asking for anyone to put the fish on my hook for me but just point me in the right direction. Thanks
    Categories
    Missouri River
  6. Tailrace / spillway

Heading up to the tailrace / spillway tomorrow in the boat. Never fished up there before, so I am open to any suggestions or strategies on how to find and catch fish! Thanks.
    Categories
    Missouri River
  7. Tailrace, again.

3 of us hit the Tailrace today.
    We had a pretty fun day. We caught a handful of HUGE carp, 1 burbot, 1 rainbow trout, a handful of catfish, some cisco, and some 'eyes. We kept 9 walleye on the day, using jiggin' raps by the spillway.

Water was 58-60 degrees. It was a real nice day to be on the water.
    Categories
    Missouri River
  8. Tailrace

A couple of us hit the Tailrace this morning. We only fished for a couple of hours, and ended up with six nice 'eyes. Finally got the tin can river rat boat on the water. I can happily report that no issues arose.

We were using jiggin' raps.
    Categories
    Missouri River
  9. Missouri River Near Bismarck

Fished the river just north of Bismarck yesterday, September 14th. Boated one eater-size walleye and lost a few others on a jig and Gulp! minnow. Fish were hiding in 10 to 20 feet of water behind a submerged wing dam. It was hard to fish for them in all of the turbulence. Water temp was 58 F.

Boat motor has been vibrating a bit the past couple of trips out. Changed the prop and problem solved.

-Creek Chub
    Categories
    Missouri River
  10. Bis-Man Hazelton Area

Anyone have any fishing stories recently in the Bismarck Mandan Hazelton areas? I know the river is still raging and wonder how it will affect fall fishing...Thanks...
    Categories
    Missouri River
  11. Missouri River Bismarck

Im coming back to Bismarck tomorrow to resume school and was wondering if there has been anyone shore fishing for walleye or pike near Bismarck. Any info would be appreciated!
    Categories
    Missouri River
  12. Tailrace

Hi all. New to the site here. Was thinking about heading up to the tailrace in the next day or 2. Have never really fished it. Anyone know if there's been much success lately, or what a newbie should start with up there? Appreciate it!
    Categories
    Missouri River
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube