Recent Report Posts

1. Tailrace

Myself and a buddy of mine are heading up to the tailrace Saturday just looking for any info anyone is willing to share. Took him up there last year the end of October and didn’t have much luck. Hoping this year is better
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  2. West end.

Fished out of Lewis and Clark park and tobacco garden. Very slow. Netted 3 in 21 fow using spinners and minnows. Water is turning green.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  3. Lake Trout

Does anyone go after lake trout on sakakawea??
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  4. Red River at Grand Forks 9-1-20

After 2 months of up and down water levels we are finally down to a stable level. It is a little high for this time of year but that is ok. We have lots of big fish around and they are putting on the feed bag getting ready for winter. the past couple weeks they have been there but somewhat moody. The past three days have been game on and the fish are getting bigger and more plentiful with the stability of conditions.

Best baits for me have been frogs and one day dead suckers. The fish have been on the off current seam until the past two days they moved to the main current.
    Categories
    Red River
  5. Beulah bay.

You had to be the worst fisherman in the world to not catch fish today. Fished for 3 hours mid day and caught 8, could’ve had our limit but my boy said it was enough. 16 was the shallowest with 22 to 25 ft being the best. 14 to 25 inch range, let the bigger ones swim and clean 8 14” to 17”.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  6. 8/22-23 Mid Lake

Fished out of beulah bay again. Saturday day mid day heat was unbearable but we did manage 9 nice walleyes and my 5 year old daughter managed the two best walleyes of the day. Sunday was crazy early before the storms front rolled through but couldn't get back on them after the front. Orange smiles and slow death were the best producers both days. Saturday fish were deep mostly 36-40' , Sunday morning 26' seemed to be the ticket.
    Name:  35491.jpg
Views: 3860
Size:  100.9 KB
    Name:  35514.jpg
Views: 3788
Size:  69.9 KB
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  7. Salmon Updates??

Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to see if there was any recent feedback related to salmon fishing in the Gov. Bay area. Hoping to take a family friend out this weekend for the first time. I just plan on driving the boat and hopefully he might pick up a couple. No worries if not, I just haven't been able to get back up there to try it again since late July so just thought I would check.

Thank You
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  8. Question - Not A Report

My old-school rock guards mounted on my receiver hitch are about done. They've been great and have done their job well over the years, so no complaints there! I'm considering a rock guard solution thats permanently mounted to the boat trailer this time around tho. Seen some really nice diamond-plated guards on trailers at various boat ramps this summer... been paying attention since I knew I would be replacing mine soon. Did some googling but not having much luck finding those so wondering if someone could get me in the right direction with that (if still available I guess). Also interested ...
  9. Douglas / Berthold bay

Fishing was slow for us but found some decent fish both days and 1 nice sauger to boot... Purple/White were the preferred colors with most eaters coming between 26-34' . The waves this afternoon coming across the lake were not cool.....
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  10. beulah bay area

Fished to the west Saturday and east Sunday. East seemed more productive but may have just been the day. Tried anywhere from 7' -40' mostly bb's and spinners.
    Quite a few small walleyes some bigger fish sprinkled in at all depths. Best depths overall 19'-21'. Best colors: purple then gold. 1/2 crawlers out performed leeches by a wide margin. Gulp really wasn't working....
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  11. Mid sak 7/30

Took some youths out today, seems like kids always bring luck to the boat! Must have caught close to 50 by noon, plain snell and spinners. Started out at 14 and they slid out to 25 by noon, good times!
    Name:  20200730_135508.jpg
Views: 7358
Size:  99.1 KB
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  12. My summer in a nutshell.

I went out late Sunday afternoon on a small lake in central ND. Just the dog and I, and about 3 other boats on the water. Using spinners and crawlers, I ended up catching a 35 and 37 (or was it 37 and 39??) pair of pike that each put up one hell of a fight. Lucky hook job on both to keep the line away from their teeth. Then just as I was getting ready to leave, I caught a 25 inch walleye.

Just another day on the water that I went home with no fish. Damnit!
Page 1 of 178 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube