Recent Report Posts

1. Irving/Alice/DL

Looking at trying Irving or Minnewaukin Flats this weekend. Really not familiar with the area too much. Just wondering general things, don't want anyones hotspots. Would like to get enough walleye/perch for a fish fry, that's all I'm after. Any and all help would be very appreciated. Thanks!
    Categories
    Lake Irvine
  2. Lake Irving Alice

Hello,,

Get to go on a lil fishing trip with my ol man this weekend. First time in quite some time and would like to be able to have him catch some fish, if possible. Has anyone been having any luck out there? or presentations that are better than others? hoping to bring a wheel house and sleep in overnight.. Thanks for any or all info, regarless of fish it should be a fun weekend. Feel free to PM ..

Thanks you
    Categories
    Lake Irvine
  3. Lake Irvine and Alice

Heading there again this weekend. Last time pulled two perch both over 14.5 inches along with a few others. Fished in 12 fow for perch and 4-6 for walleyes. Will let you know how this one goes. If anyone has any news or reports it would be appreciated.
    Categories
    Lake Irvine
  4. DL/Irvine/Alice Tributaries

Eight of us headed east to shore fish the coulees on Sunday. It was a cold and windy bugger. We mostly pitched jigs with twister tails and paddle tails. I was able to grind out a limit, and the rest of the guys caught a few as well. It definitely wasn't gang-busters like it was a couple days before. I kept hoping the sun would come out, thinking that might turn the bite on a bit, but it never showed through. In addition we caught 30+ smaller pike.

We had a great meal at the cafe in Cando. Good times with friends and family.
    Categories
    Lake Irvine
  5. Irvine/ Alice access

Anyone know how the access is on Irvine and where a guy can get on the lake?
    Categories
    Lake Irvine
  6. Lake Irvine

Fished Irvine yesterday 2/28 from 10am-7pm. Managed 5 16"-21" walleye and 4 perch over 13" in 8 ft of water. Most came on the Dead stick white jig with red eye tipped with a full minnow. Ice was 20"+, most people drove out, we took out the atvs.
    Categories
    Lake Irvine
  7. Irvine Pike

Fished the west side of Irvine for pike on the Jan 23, and we had a nice slow day. Good news though was that it finally cleared up enough to sight fish. I could see the bottom in close to ten feet at least. The pike were slow and tentative, we watched them checking out the decoy from the edge of the hole and then leaving. Only a few came all the way in and hit the decoy. I watched one down a tip up hole come in very slow. Took him about ten seconds to ease the five inches I could see to bump the smelt with his mouth closed. He eased past a few inches and stopped. Then he backed up a bit and flared ...
    Categories
    Lake Irvine
  8. Irvine Pike

Fished the west side of Irvine for pike on the 31st. The ice was 10 inches with slush in places. We did find one spot in a slush pocket that had only 6 inches of ice as far as we could tell so be careful. We drove right along the edge with our pickup and then walked out onto the ice. Landed about 10 nice pike. No little fellows or hammerhandles, they looked well fed. They seemed rather slow and light biting, almost half of our flags came out of one hole in about seven feet. Caught only two jigging despite a lot of trying. I did catch one bonus perch, 13.5 inches, on a minnow and split shot. Overall ...
    Categories
    Lake Irvine

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube