Recent Report Posts

1. Se nd

Took a buddy of mine from Texas out on Saturday for his first ever ice fishing experience/adventure. Got to the lake about 11am and the Ranger wouldn't start so we just walked out and started searching, finally marked a few and got setup for gills and crappie. Marked a lot of fish overall but enticing a bite was tricky and tried everything from tungsten's with waxies and plastics to small spoons (lindy jigging spoon/vmc flashchamp) and even 1/16oz VMC Tingler and #3 rippin rap with pink white UV seeming best, minnow and bobbers also produced a few. Ice was about 24-26in thick and the water is ...
    Categories
    Other: SE ND Area
  2. Brewer Lake

Took my boys to Brewer today, first time we've been ice fishing this year. No big fish, but constant action on the Vex and great learning experience for them to renew their excitement for the sport. They ended up catching 8 small perch and 3 10-11" that we took home so I could make them perch sandwiches. So busy with the boys that I never even wet a line! Great day, glad to be back in the game.
  3. Perch

Be out in southeast next week. Will post what I find or catch. Guess I'll be searching for strong schools of fish. Ice is looking good from what I hear.
    Categories
  4. Slough North Of Jamestown

I tried a perch slough north of Jamestown this evening (Nov 19th) 4:00-5:30. Not a bite. Ice was 7"-8". A bit chilly out but it was a beautiful sunset!
    Categories
  5. Drive About

Loaded up the pup and took a drive to six of our local lakes. Only seen one boat and that was on Kraft Slough. Nothing else going on that I could see.
    Categories
  6. Info seeking for local lake

I am looking for any info on Lindeman Lake near Enderlin. How is the ice, where is the best access, and any tips on bait. Has anyone fished this lake yet this year? Looking to take my 10 year old Grandson ice fishing where he won't get bored. Thanks in advance!
    Categories
  7. Grass and Buffalo

A buddy and I hit Grass from 10:30-12:30. Never fished it before and punched a bunch of holes in 5-9 FOW doing some exploring. Never marked a fish so pulled the plug and headed over to Buffalo. Fished there until 6:30. Fished north end in 9-12 FOW with only a couple of marks but no bites.
    Categories
  8. Buffalo Lake

Buddy and I hit Buffalo lake yesterday(1/7/18) from 11a-7p. Fished in 12 FOW. Buddy caught 1 walleye and I had a snake break my line at the bottom of the ice. Only had a couple marks all day.
    Categories
  9. Kraft slough

Drove by today Jan. 3 and there were 20 some fish houses scattered around the lake.
    Categories
  10. Kraft slough by Oakes

Wife and I gave it a try today 10 in morning until 4 in afternoon. Ended up with a limit of eaters and 1 15" perch. BB and crawlers was the ticket for us. Parking lot was full all day, even some blue platters.
    Categories
  11. Dead Colt Creek.

Took wife to Dead Colt for pan fish. Caught 15 real nice Blue Gills but no Crappies. Quit about 2 PM it was getting hot on the water at 87 to 90 deg. Just a good day off from work for her, one of those floating holidays she has to use and it worked well.
    Categories
  12. ATTENTION Bow fishermen

While fishing on Tewaukon on Saturday the whole north east shore was alive with carp and some were real large.
    Categories
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube