Recent Report Posts

1. Beulah Bay 7/13-7/14

Walleye fishing was inconsistent with several small fish in 14-19 feet and bigger fish anywhere from 33-40 feet. Tried cranks/ slipbobber & spinners / smiles behind BBs. Lots of Smallies & pike in shallow on cranks and slipbobbers. For walleyes we managed 1 25", 1 24.5, 2 22" 3- 15-17" and severalslipbobber. All the 22" + walleyes came in deeper water.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  2. Western Grebes on Lake Sak

On Lake Sak this weekend I saw the largest concentrated group of Western Grebes in ND ever in the east end area by Mallard Island. Must have been a couple hundred within sight on Saturday. I suspect the fishing is good for them! Got to see a couple do the dance on the water which was pretty cool. Are they all over the lake or primarily on the east end?
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  3. Beaver bay lake oahe

Any reports out of beaver bay lake oahe?
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  4. Red River 7-13-19

The spawn is done and fishing was really picking up just in time for a quick summer flood. Valley wide rains have brought the river up 10-12 feet in just a couple days. Ramps in Grand Forks are open but one needs to be very alert and safe to fish. Drayton has gone under and it will be a couple weeks before there is any more news from there.

For those who are still planning to venture out fish right on the bank on the secondary current seams. Frozen sucker or goldeye has been the bait of choice for bigger fish.

The bad news is we are pretty much shut down this week. ...
    Categories
    Red River
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images   
  5. Van Hook

Heading up to fish a few days starting Monday haven't seen any reports lately just wondering how it's going up there Thanks
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  6. Audubon

Heading to Audubon this weekend for same family time and hoping to get some fishing in. I've never fished this lake before. Read the previous report, I'll watch for rocks. Looking for nothing specific just possibly a starting point on new water. Thanks
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
  7. Salmon on the lake

Hey guys,

Going to start salmon fishing this weekend, heard there are a few being caught. going to fish at least twice hopefully, will post report after the weekend. Does anyone have any advice where to start as far as depth. Any info is appreciated. Will post on Sunday.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  8. lotw walleye and saugers

went up to lotw during the 4th and did fairly well pulling leadore in 29-30 ft with hotsteel #5 raps and crayfish colored fat raps. we pulled in 3 between 25 to 26 inches and lost a much bigger eye. almost all of our fishing was close to 12 mile reef, and when the waves where to rough we drifted with spinners. Gold perch was by far the best with shinners, they werent quite into crawlers yet. on friday my battery for the eletronics when dead so we just sort of winged it for awhile until the smoke out of canada rolled in and left us with a half mile visability, so i pointed the bow down wind and ...
  9. East end sak.7/4-6/19

Fishing in 18ft-20ft short snell on a bb. slow .02mph to .09mph caught 5 in 4 hours both days along with 4 decent smallmouth bass and 1 northern.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  10. Lake Sakakawea - East End Saturday July 6th

Fished Saturday afternoon / evening on the east end of Sakakawea. First few spots I tried along the north side of west of the Snake Creek ramp didn't produce. I marked fish but no takers. My 3rd spot produced a few decent fish. Ended up with 5 - nothing of size. Bottom bouncers with slow death and crawlers going .8 to 1.0mph. 18 - 20 ft.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  11. Mallard Island/Scoria Bay

The kids and I hit up Sak for the first time this year. We put in at Sakakawea State Park, just because I haven't been there in 10 years. We fished a little on the west end of Mallard Island, Alcatraz, and over by Scoria Bay. Had a few light bites that we missed and ended up with a 4 inch perch and about a 9-10 lb pike over the course of 4 hours. I didn't expect to pound the fish, but that was a bad outing.

We used spinners/slow death along with crawlers and leeches.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  12. Alkaline

The bite is still good at Alkaline. Went with my daughter early on Saturday. We we on the water before 7:00 and were the 12th rig there. We left at noon and counted over 60! What a cluster that little ramp can be with that many people. Oh well, we came home with a limit or really healthy fish 16-19.
Page 1 of 165 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube