Recent Report Posts

1. Salmon on the Lake Post#2

Was up at the lake on Friday and Saturday, the weather was beautiful both days. About 6 boats I could see on Friday and about 12-15 when I left at 11 on Saturday. I didn't have much luck, nothing Friday and lost one on Saturday. I heard there were a couple boats that did OK and I did mark substantially more fish then the previous weekend. Hopefully they are gonna go soon.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  2. Hazelton Boat Dock Area

Fished with my brother close to Hazelton boat dock. We tried a number of techniques including slow death, spinners, jigging and crankbaits but used bottom bouncers about 90% of the time as they were the only thing we caught fish on. We caught our limit in about 3 hours. It was slow fishing for the most part except from about 11am to noon when we caught the majority of the fish. The fish were small and ranged form 14" to 16". Most fish were caught in 14 feet. About 10 other boats out and saw few being caught.
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  3. Devils Lake west end

Fished 7/20 & 7/21 tons of small fish with decent eaters hard to come by. Propeller blades or regular spinners with a 1/2 crawler or leach worked well for the lil guys. Tried anywhere from 9'- 22' seemed like a lil bigger fish in deeper water. Tried snap weights and cranks in the deeper water without a bite...
    Categories
    Devils Lake
  4. East End - Sak

Community spots were busy and produced a few fish, but nothing like previous weeks. The walleye were a bit deeper this past weekend than the weekend prior. July 13th they were best found in 18'-22' and this past weekend they were more likely in 22'-25'. Did capture a 21" eye right on the edge of the structure drop off at 18'. Love it when those heavier fish decide when they're coming up or not. Seemed like he just wanted to sit there and not come closer. When that initially happens you KNOW it's time to get the net ready.Harvested only four eyes until the wind came up and made fishing ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  5. Lake Oahe

Plan on heading down to Oahe this weekend with the family. Any reports from Bismarck down to the state line? Haven't seen much on this site lately. Thanks
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  6. The Hook

Fished the north part of the hook today. Leeches, BB's. Lots of throwbacks, kept 7 for the two of us. 20 fow. Certainly not as hot as years past.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  7. Audubon

Got away from the family and made it out Saturday for about 3 hours. Managed to get my limit of keepers. Nothing big, largest was about 19 inches. Threw back about 10 that were small (between 10-14 inches). All of them came on slow death rig. Fished the sunken islands along 83 in 20-30 ft of water.
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
  8. Beulah Bay 7/13-7/14

Walleye fishing was inconsistent with several small fish in 14-19 feet and bigger fish anywhere from 33-40 feet. Tried cranks/ slipbobber & spinners / smiles behind BBs. Lots of Smallies & pike in shallow on cranks and slipbobbers. For walleyes we managed 1 25", 1 24.5, 2 22" 3- 15-17" and severalslipbobber. All the 22" + walleyes came in deeper water.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  9. Western Grebes on Lake Sak

On Lake Sak this weekend I saw the largest concentrated group of Western Grebes in ND ever in the east end area by Mallard Island. Must have been a couple hundred within sight on Saturday. I suspect the fishing is good for them! Got to see a couple do the dance on the water which was pretty cool. Are they all over the lake or primarily on the east end?
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  10. Beaver bay lake oahe

Any reports out of beaver bay lake oahe?
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  11. Red River 7-13-19

The spawn is done and fishing was really picking up just in time for a quick summer flood. Valley wide rains have brought the river up 10-12 feet in just a couple days. Ramps in Grand Forks are open but one needs to be very alert and safe to fish. Drayton has gone under and it will be a couple weeks before there is any more news from there.

For those who are still planning to venture out fish right on the bank on the secondary current seams. Frozen sucker or goldeye has been the bait of choice for bigger fish.

The bad news is we are pretty much shut down this week. ...
    Categories
    Red River
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images   
  12. Van Hook

Heading up to fish a few days starting Monday haven't seen any reports lately just wondering how it's going up there Thanks
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
Page 1 of 166 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube