Recent Report Posts

1. Tailrace

A couple of us hit the Tailrace this morning. We only fished for a couple of hours, and ended up with six nice 'eyes. Finally got the tin can river rat boat on the water. I can happily report that no issues arose.

We were using jiggin' raps.
    Categories
    Missouri River
  2. Missouri River Near Bismarck

Fished the river just north of Bismarck yesterday, September 14th. Boated one eater-size walleye and lost a few others on a jig and Gulp! minnow. Fish were hiding in 10 to 20 feet of water behind a submerged wing dam. It was hard to fish for them in all of the turbulence. Water temp was 58 F.

Boat motor has been vibrating a bit the past couple of trips out. Changed the prop and problem solved.

-Creek Chub
    Categories
    Missouri River
  3. Bis-Man Hazelton Area

Anyone have any fishing stories recently in the Bismarck Mandan Hazelton areas? I know the river is still raging and wonder how it will affect fall fishing...Thanks...
    Categories
    Missouri River
  4. West end of mallard

Fished west end of mallard today, caught lots of bass. Lost a huge northern when it got up to the boat. Lots of bait fish out there but no walleye. I still think they are farther west.
    Tags: donnyo Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  5. Deep Water

Was down at deep water saturday and sunday fishing was slow for us, we caught two catfish and 6 eyes all around that 14'' mark. went from 25-60 fow did not see many bait fish. We were mostly on the west side of the river. Anyone else do any good? We pulled cranks, tried jig and minnow, spinners. The bites we did get were really light also. Thats why its fishing not catching.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  6. salmon on the Lake Post #6

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the information and discussion. With how the salmon bite is, it sounds like we all can use all the info we can get. We only got one on Sunday with a couple other releases and it was blue on blue at 85' Sounds like a lot of the fish that were landed on Sunday were caught in that range somewhere but heard of some as shallow as 55-60 and as deep as 105'. Also heard of a couple caught on the dam long lining cranks over 30-35' pulling cranks down about 20-25'. I probably wont get out much because of outage at work but may be able to get out a couple of evenings. ...
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  7. Fort Yates

Went out today 9/1 from 12:30-4:40. My buddy wanted to use his 14 Ft boat since he hadn't run it yet this season. We fished main channel break between Winona and Yates. We jigged an Lindy rigged with minnows. No wind at all, but caught 3 nice fish, 22", 21", and 18".
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  8. East end Sak

Fished Saturday and Sunday. Tried jigging raps Saturday and only got 1 good fish. Started pulling cranks and that produced better. Not fast and furious but stuck to it and got a limit of beautiful fish and 2 26” released. Sunday was a little slow but really nice fish. 27” and 2 25” released and 4 more nice eaters.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  9. Missouri River Bismarck

I’m coming back to Bismarck tomorrow to resume school and was wondering if there has been anyone shore fishing for walleye or pike near Bismarck. Any info would be appreciated!
    Categories
    Missouri River
  10. Salmon on the Lake post#6

I did not make it out this weekend. Did anyone make it out and did anyone have any luck at all. Giong to hopefully hit it this weekend. Anyone know where the thermocline was over the weekend?
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  11. East end Sak

Pretty tough today. Went out about 7 and fished until 1. Got 4 18-19” fish and a few dink’s. Did get a 19” smallie that was nice. Caught the walleyes on jigging raps in 22-30’.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  12. Middle Lake Sakakawea

Fished out of Beulah bay today. 7 walleyes in 30 to 32 ft on the north shore. The only thing I could get them to take was a spinner. I haven’t pulled a spinner in years and only had one. Caught 5 fish on it and finally lost it to a snag. Dug deep in the bowls of my boat and found one more to finish the day. Usually jigging raps producer well for me this time of year but not today. Nice fish 17 to 21 inches and 2 dink’s.
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
Page 1 of 168 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube