Recent Report Posts

1. Anyone Fishing Heskett

Didn't have much luck out there last fall. Anyone been out there lately fishing? Does it fish any different with the water level so low?
    Categories
    Missouri River
  2. Fall Bite Oahe

I fished the Mobridge area last Thursday, with creek chubs, minnows, and even drug some BB around with crawlers. Now one was catching any that we heard. I know we caught no keeper walleye in the usual Mobridge fall spots.

Friday we went up the Moreau south of Mobridge. Wen quite a ways up in there, hit a bunch of points, fished from 8 fow to 40 fow. Got 2. Even tried snap weights and plugs in 30-40 fow.

What is the deal? Any action on the ND Side??
    Categories
    Lake Oahe
  3. Missouri River - South Bismarck

Photos of the rifle range ramp on Saturday. Fishing was not good for us.

Name:  E3B4054E-8656-48C0-AED0-EF2F6E5521AC.jpg
Views: 3060
Size:  101.5 KB
    Name:  7D315739-2632-4DD6-AB52-3EC99EBE33BF.jpg
Views: 3080
Size:  99.1 KB
    Categories
    Missouri River
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images    
  4. Lake Tschida

Went out for a few hours today by Myself. 4 walleye and 6 white bass. Got the 4 keeper walleye in the first hour than spent another 3 hours trying to get the last one but couldn't close the deal. 8 of the fish on a jig and paddle tail and the other 2 on crawler and smile blade. Where ever you run into the white bass they are big and plentiful.
    Categories
    Lake Tschida
  5. Skunk Bay

Fished west of skunk Monday. Good day kept 8 that were 16 to 19 inches. Net man, me screwed up and lost another nice fish. All were on minnows, blue spinner blade worked best about 1 mph in 21 feet of water. Worms only caught perch and northerns. Nice day out with wife!
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  6. River south of Bismarck

Was just wondering how the landings are doing south of Bismarck. Was hoping to get out a time or 2 more this year. Got a 620 ranger
    Categories
    Missouri River
  7. Red River 9-30-21

Recent hot days have water temps holding at 63 degrees. The lack of moisture over the past few weeks has river flows back down to about nothing. Over the past week catfish have not been responding well. We are back to the see fish and nobody bites of they pick up the bait and half-heartedly swim around with it. That being said shore anglers below the dams in very shallow stretches are reporting better quality fish as they are feeding where there is some current. Bait of choice is anyone’s guess as they don’t seem to prefer or avoid any one bait.

As we come into October it is the ...
    Categories
    Red River
  8. New town

Fished new town in the river Friday Saturday and this morning. Friday was awesome. Caught ten 22” pigs. Fat as hell all on cranks. Crazy part was seven of the ten came on the board that was running a crank down 30’ over 50-55’ of water. They were suspended up in the bait fish. Saturday we managed 7 that 5 were really nice again and two 20” fish. Saturday we had only two at noon and said the hell with it. All were caught on cranks in 28’+ deep
    Categories
    Lake Sakakawea
  9. Red River 9-21-21

Cool mornings and shorter days are leading to the end of the 2021 season. Right now the water temperature is holding at about 63 degrees which is a great place to be for a couple more weeks of fishing. Water levels while still low are very stable which is a good thing. Catfish seem to have moved into more traditional break line spots near holes. They appear to still be hanging out of the current (even though there is very little current) mostly in holes on inside corners. The bite appears to be the best it has been in the past couple months and the fish are looking a little better. Really big ...
    Categories
    Red River
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  10. Red River at Grand Forks 9-15-21

The river is still low but it is substantially better than a few weeks ago at about 700 cfs in Grand Forks. While it is still not great it is good for the fish. The catfish seem to be responding to the stable higher water quite well with many good reports coming in. Fish are being caught pretty much everywhere right now. It appears they have moved to the channel edges and more traditional spots for this time of year.

Sit times still seem to be about 30 minutes. Baits have been pretty much everything but I have noticed that frogs are better than the others.
    Categories
    Red River
  11. Autobahn 9-8-21

We decided to try Audubon after a couple of slow days at Deepwater bay. was on the water at 8:00 and tried the sunken hump by the embankment. Only thing there was the pesky perch. Moved southeast to the Islands and started catching Walleye right away. First fish was a 20 incher and then smaller ones with the occasional keeper. 3 nice 17 inchers and at 2:30 caught another 20 incher for our 10 fish limit. For me any day o the lake is a great day and to catch Walleye is a bonus. They say the good Man above adds the time you spend fishing to your life. That's what I tell my wife anyway. 16 to 25 ...
    Categories
    Lake Audubon
  12. Red River 9-7-21

We have water for now. The rains of that past couple weeks have brought the river up to over 1,000 cfs at Grand Forks and that is moving north. While it is still not a ton of water it is truly blessing for the fish to keep them going. It probably won’t last long but for now all ramps are useable. North Grand Forks and North Drayton will be useable for the next week or so with little worry of wrecking too much equipment. I am hearing from anglers all over that the fish are finally feeding aggressively and even looking a little better that just last week. As expected the catfish have moved into ...
    Categories
    Red River
Page 1 of 187 1231151101 ... LastLast

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube