• Recent Article Comments

ndskeeter

Walleye on the Move

LOL....it's because you never know when they are going to bite! Go to last post

ndskeeter 06-13-2019 02:51 PM
    eseamands

Walleye on the Move

As I'm scrolling through this, I was half way through and look up at the picture---- why is that... Go to last post

eseamands 06-12-2019 08:48 AM
    guywhofishes

REVERSE SPOOLING FOR LEADCORE

genius Go to last post

guywhofishes 06-10-2019 07:25 AM
  • Articles

Article Preview

THE MOVE OFFSHORE

by Joel Nelson

It’s been a great early season thus far. A delayed spring and rollercoaster early summer has kept walleyes primarily shallow. I write this, one-week removed from a great shallow water bite that was only getting better as we left. While we had some wind, it increased throughout the day as we drifted leeches over rock clusters in 10FOW on Leech Lake. ...
    Article Preview

Crankbaits: The Fastest Lures for Walleyes

by David Harrison

If the professionals are having a blast trolling crankbaits, you should too. No other walleye presentation can handle high speeds while working the entire water column. Trolling spoons mainly work for suspended fish. Spinners max out at 2 mph. Casting the bank with the trolling motor on 10 pushes 1.5 mph. Plus, major tournaments are being won by crankbaits at a record pace.

The first day on new water is cranking time. If research online or at tackle shop can pin down a few areas where walleyes might be, take the cranks out and drive around. Most anglers don’t have the sonar skills to confidently find ...
    Article Preview

BONUS JUNE BOOM

by Joel Nelson

Photo Credit - Sam Larsen

I’ve written before about what I consider to be in June, the most favorable month of the year to fish period. It’s nature’s perfect storm of conditions that begin a new season each year in the upper Midwest. Biological activity ...
    Article Preview

Walleye on the Move

BY DAVE SHMYR

As surface temps begin to warm up, post spawn walleye start their decent to deeper water. A transitional period in which walleye can be found very scattered along slow tapering drops migrating to their summer areas. Once walleye have made it to their summer holes,
    Article Preview

REVERSE SPOOLING FOR LEADCORE

by Joel Nelson

Nate H. asks:
    I just bought a few walleye rods/reels for leadcore, how should I spool them up?

Pulling leadcore is really painless as long as you get the rigging right from the start. For that reason, I recommend buying your leadcore setups in pairs, with the same ...
    Article Preview

Consistency, Cool Heads Win Topper, Hasse, AIM Warrior Boats National Championship Shootout in Bismarck
    Presented by Yamaha Motor Corp USA and Warrior Boats LLC.

We said it in the preview of the AIM Weekend Walleye Series/Warrior Boats National Championship Shootout. And many times before. The team that keeps its cool, is consistent, and sticks to its plan, even if it’s unfamiliar with the Missouri River, might just take this thing. Don’t count’em out, we said. Well, guess what?

The Minnesota team of Randy Topper and Chuck Hasse, who had only been on a scouting trip once on the Missouri at Bismarck-Mandan, won the AIM shootout, driving ...
    Article Preview

Ned Rig: The best walleye bait no one’s throwing

by Brett McComas

Some of my biggest walleyes EVER have been caught on a jigworm…which I believe you kids call Ned Rigs nowadays (lol). Lots were caught on accident while bassin’ in the weeds, but more and more on purpose…. This one here’s a Gull Lake, MN walleye, not Mille Lacs where they eat anything.

True story:
    Article Preview

Deer Application Deadline is June 5

Hunters are reminded the deadline for submitting applications for the 2019 deer gun season is Wednesday, June 5.
    Applicants for regular deer gun, youth and muzzleloader can apply ...
    Article Preview

Speed Rig Walleyes

By Jason Mitchell

Rigging has continued to evolve over the years and remains a deadly way for catching walleye throughout the season. Rigging can be a lot of different things depending on the angler and region. The classic live bait rig was a simple sliding walking or egg sinker above a small swivel that was attached to a three to seven-foot snell in which a size eight to four live bait octopus hook was used
    Article Preview

The Lowdown on Walleye Hardbaits

by Steve Ryan

The range of walleye hardbaits encompasses multiple categories and a dizzying number of lures. Instead of being overwhelmed by the vast selection of available lures, dividing hardbaits into their various subcategories, and examining how and when to use each style, helps simplify the selection process.

TwitchBaits
    Eighty years ago, when Lauri Rapala whittled his first hardbait in Finland, he didn’t have walleyes on his mind. Instead, he was looking to put food on his family’s table by designing a lure that ...
    Article Preview

How to Fish Bottom Bouncers for Walleye

by Mark Sak
    Fishing a bottom bouncer correctly means coordinating boat speed, lake depth and setting the rig accordingly. (Photo by Ron Sinfelt)

While misunderstood by some, fishing bottom bouncers can be a very productive technique for walleyes in early summer.

One of the most important abilities any walleye angler can possess is the ability to present all available presentations to walleyes as conditions dictate. ...
    Article Preview

BEST WALLEYE ROD FOR $100?

by Joel Nelson

A Bass rod for Walleye Jigs? Read on…

Here’s a question (paraphrased) from a Scheel’s Mankato Customer on April 27th this year:

Customer - I’ve got a few old walleye rods I’m looking to upgrade, but everything new I’m seeing is a few
    Article Preview

Remembering A 25-LB (41″) WALLEYE

Article Preview

Fishing for Free June 1-2

North Dakotans who want to give fishing a try are reminded they can fish for free June 1-2.
    That is the state’s Free Fishing Weekend, when all residents age 16 and over can fish ...
    Article Preview

Best Drive-To Pike Waters

by Gord Pyzer

Pike Action Canada

You’re flying higher than a kid on Christmas morning as you climb into the co-pilot seat of the floatplane that’s tied to the dock at a remote northern Canadian air base. You smell the lingering fumes of Avgas as you look out the window and catch a glimpse of the dockhand giving the pilot a thumbs up as he throws clear the mooring ropes. You pull the headphones over your ears as the propeller turns over two, three, four times and then roars to life in a cloud of smoke.

The pilot taxis out to the middle of the lake, ...
    Article Preview

North Dakota Game And Fish Stocks Catfish, Trout And Pike In Community Fisheries

North Dakota Game and Fish Department fisheries personnel have already stocked dozens of local community fisheries with catchable trout, catfish and pike, with additional lakes still to be stocked in early- to mid-May.

Article Preview

TROY LINDNER MIGHT BE THE FIRST PERSON EVER [?] TO…

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube