ndwalleyes

Sibley 12/15

Rate this Entry

3 Not allowed!
Hit Sibley for a bit yesterday 12/15 in the afternoon. Access is good. There is considerably less snow to the east of Bismarck. Lake had 13" of very cloudy ice, the surface is rough also and you could tell that it was snowing and blowing when things froze over. The bottom 1-2 inches appeared to be clear ice. I wouldn't be to anxious to take a vehicle out on any ice right now.

Stayed towards the north end in 12 ft to 22 ft of water. Lots of lookers but not many takers, ended up with 2 that were caught towards evening, both were 16" or so. Spoke with another who was out and he reported the same luck.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Sibley Lake

Comments

What species?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope
    What species?
    really?

5 Not allowed!
    I'm thinking catfish . . .

1 Not allowed!
    My best guess and keep in mind this is solely based off of the font type is - arctic grayling

6 Not allowed!
    Clearly he's talking crappies. Everyone knows Sibley is the next big slabba-jamma, a la Red Lake circa 1999.

0 Not allowed!
    I'd be willing to bet that Lycan is thinking river backwater near Sibley park?

1 Not allowed!
    I'm pretty sure the species is ling

0 Not allowed!
    I was up there the other day and got sick of catching 5lbers. Spread the word!

0 Not allowed!
    I agree with vollmers

0 Not allowed!
    I never really caught any 5 lbers.

0 Not allowed!
    My thoughts on Sibley is that it has gotten picked over pretty good over the past few years. There are still a lot of little 12" fish in the lake...I just think it will need a little recovery time. It gets a lot of pressure.

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube