MuskyManiac

West Battle Lake (MN Musky Opener)

Rate this Entry

0 Not allowed!
Unfortunately we did not boat any muskies during the opening weekend. Saturday we were met with a bit of a cold front and switching winds, followed by spotty rain and a late afternoon drenching of almost 2 inches. Sunday started off decent but the winds picked up quite a bit shortly thereafter making if difficult to fish the spots the way we wanted. Afternoon popcorn thunderstorms did not help.

Water temps ranged from 59 to 66, but no difference in action. Had around 8 follows for the weekend, most around that 40" mark, a couple in the upper 40's, no giants. Best action was around deep weeds in 16 feet or so, and the most follows came from mag Bulldawgs. Bucktails had a couple follows as well, with no action on deep diving minnow baits or topwater.

So, overall we got our butt kicked, I think the weather had them in a funk.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Other Bodies of Water

Comments

My Brother boated 2 this weeked but not sure where he was, a 43 and a 45 inch. Not sure how many follows but he was happy with the effort. I will punish myself with him late this month or early next month for a weekend of the muskie casting pain.
    dukgnfsn

0 Not allowed!
    Better luck on the next trip! Thanks for the report.

0 Not allowed!
    I'll be moving to fergus falls in a month so keep the reports coming...I'll do my best to return that favor!

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube