shorthairsrus

Parshall

Rate this Entry

8 Not allowed!
We made the day trip from camp on dl to "da big" lake. Left at 6 I don't remember what time we got on water. Sunny no wind some bugs (no where near as miserable dl would of been for bugs). Teresa picked up a 20 right away and then a few 15inchers then it slowed. If the wind rippled back up then we would pick up some more. Ended the afternoon with a fill but it took a while. She remained in dl style gold spinner. I went sak style green bigger smiles. she lost one at the boat that looked 25. We forget how the fish fight so much harder then the lazy dl ones. Variety of fish 14 to 20 we're kept After filling went into shop whynkt for some lumber ( I was the guy driving in the back with a boat). Ended back at camp before dark. Nice day trip. Hope to make it out this fall
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Ya it's crazy how them sakakawea fish fight compared to DL

0 Not allowed!
    good report. was back at the hook again this wknd went out both friday eveing and sat morning. wife and I filled our 10 both days but consitent with what you rpeorted i wouldnt call it hot and heavy like the last wknd. Friday I couldn't find a shallow bite so forced myself to run deeper 26ft and filled pretty easily then. Saturday fish were a bit shallower 17-22ft. funny you mention the fish fighting ended up with good eaters and maybe 5-6 in that 21-22" range biggest we got was 24.5 and was released. 24.5 fought like a snot rocket peeling line out 2x.

0 Not allowed!
    There is something in that smelt juice, makes em mean

2 Not allowed!
    12 foot to 20. I am tempted to fish the trees like we used to on east side. If wind was blowing I would of went shallow. Caught some 10 inch perch out deep they we're schooled huge.

1 Not allowed!
    Interesting about the harder fight. Now that you mention it I can relate. Iv'e jumped out of the boat in both lakes on a hot day in late august and just a few feet down the water is way colder at Sakakawea . Must have something to do with it.

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube