shorthairsrus

Devils Lake the bite that never stops

Rate this Entry

4 Not allowed!
Again - another weekend in the books and a bite that never stops. This weekend we were in 20ft of water. We ran cranks and bottom bouncers. I did a little carolina riggin and jigrap. Didnt really matter what you did they bit on anything. Size - we had a 19, 16, 15 and assorted 14s and a few 13 1/2 inchers in the well -- however a lot of sorting to get those 14 and above fish--- it felt like we caught as many fish as the temp was as high on sat. The white bass were crazy too couldnt keep them off the cranks. I seen a 100 toyotas, nissans with MN plates - they were fishing shallow - to bad they werent where we were at. We were fishing a Flat next to old shoreline when you bring them up check mouths -- if dirty and bloodworms falling out you in the right spot. Good fishin Short
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Devils Lake

Comments

I am taking the wife up and staying at Woodlands this weekend. Can I ask whether you fished east or west of there?

0 Not allowed!
    west--- just find some 18-23 foot of water and troll a bouncer. Find one turn back for more and see if they have any size to them.

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    We fished the west end on Friday with the same results. 20-21 fow trolling spinners. First spot resulted in a 10 fish limit but we had to weed through the small fish and white bass.

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube