dukgnfsn

DL last weekend

Rate this Entry

12 Not allowed!
Drove up to DL last Wednesday and fished out of Woodland resort ice houses after and during (Thursday) the coldest days of the year to that point for 3 days of fishing thru Saturday. We caught about 15-20 walleye each day but only 4 that we kept, lots of little ones. Marked a lot of fish and missed at least as many as we caught. They were barely grabbing the minnow by the head or the tail and on the hook set would get the minnow with no hook in them. During the day when we moved out into deeper water looking for perch we also marked fish but lot of lookers with no hookers, we caught one perch we kept. I would like to compliment Woodland on trying to get us on fish but I thing the weather sucker punched our scheduling. as I get older it gets harder to fish in weather like that in the portable and I like the comfort of hook a minnow drop and start fishing in the heated house as I don't have a hard house. Had some nice marks on the VEX but couldn't get those to take a taste, but they were there. The shallow house for walleyes was in about 21ft and the deeper house for perch and walleye during the day was in about 40ft. Now a year to dream about what could have been until next year. dukgnfsn
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Devils Lake

Comments

I had similar results - I ended with a nice batch of fish Saturday but had to work for it - 35 feet was ticket for perch . I missed atleast 3 for every one I caught . They were very finicky

1 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube