Lapper

Alkaline

Rate this Entry

3 Not allowed!
The bite is still good at Alkaline. Went with my daughter early on Saturday. We we on the water before 7:00 and were the 12th rig there. We left at noon and counted over 60! What a cluster that little ramp can be with that many people. Oh well, we came home with a limit or really healthy fish 16-19”.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Other: S.Central ND Area

Comments

We were there as well. What did you find worked best? We got limits both Friday and Sat. We were first boat there on Friday. Saw a couple of people take pics with some huge pigs and release them. Let them go so they can give others a fun catch! Was awesome to see that.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetterbass
    We were there as well. What did you find worked best? We got limits both Friday and Sat. We were first boat there on Friday. Saw a couple of people take pics with some huge pigs and release them. Let them go so they can give others a fun catch! Was awesome to see that.
    i had my daughter with and was a little windy so we just stuck with live bait rigs. I’ve heard pitching jigs or cranks in the shallows have been producing bigger fish.

1 Not allowed!
    Complaining cuz there was 60 rigs there but posting on the internet how good the bite is seems foolish

3 Not allowed!
    lol

0 Not allowed!
    I applaud the game and fish on that lake. What a meat factory

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 8andcounting
    Complaining cuz there was 60 rigs there but posting on the internet how good the bite is seems foolish
    more complaining about the boat ramp and lack of parking....

0 Not allowed!
    Everybody from Green Bay to Omaha know Alkaline has been doing well for some time. Local outfitter in Lehr makes sure of that.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags2.0
    I applaud the game and fish on that lake. What a meat factory
    No kidding; absolutely incredible that it supports the pressure it gets. Fish must grow fast with the shrimp food base. Unreal the number of out of state plates you see there - I'm not complaining, sure it would be nice to see less pressure there but it's a public lake. Just odd to see them out in the middle of nowhere - where do they all stay?

1 Not allowed!
    Mark my words.... it will be the next lake with Zebra Mussels! Tons of blue plates and no G and F protocol to enforce ANS regs.

0 Not allowed!
    Hows the road in compared to the last report stating it was sparkle boats nightmare cuz of the fresh tar?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BRK
    Hows the road in compared to the last report stating it was sparkle boats nightmare cuz of the fresh tar?
    I was there about a week ago; it seemed to be completed

1 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube