Allen

Mallard Island/Scoria Bay

Rate this Entry

5 Not allowed!
The kids and I hit up Sak for the first time this year. We put in at Sakakawea State Park, just because I haven't been there in 10 years. We fished a little on the west end of Mallard Island, Alcatraz, and over by Scoria Bay. Had a few light bites that we missed and ended up with a 4 inch perch and about a 9-10 lb pike over the course of 4 hours. I didn't expect to pound the fish, but that was a bad outing.

We used spinners/slow death along with crawlers and leeches.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

I appreciate it when people post about cruddy outings too.

1 Not allowed!
    Allen...I put in at Sak State Park week ago Friday. Was raining/windy...winds out of SE-so I ran west about 6 miles...went into couple bays on the south side found some fish in 10 to 16 fow but the bite was real slow...weather I'm sure played a role. I've had good luck tho in the past running west from Sak State Park...this time of year or later. May go back there Saturday with the wife...she loves the Iron Oar Bar in Riverdale!

1 Not allowed!
    you obviously didnt bring the magic spoons with did ya?? haha

i literally bought spoons and have them in my tackle box now because of your previous posts

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdinny
    you obviously didnt bring the magic spoons with did ya?? haha

i literally bought spoons and have them in my tackle box now because of your previous posts
    Actually did, the son tossed the yellow with black diamonds around for about 30 minutes with no takers.

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube