cyrus1976

poor fishing at pouch point

Rate this Entry

1 Not allowed!
Fished Monday and Tuesday and got skunked. Tried everything and they are not biting. Three of us worked from 5 am to 2 pm and they are not interested in crawlers, leeches or minnows. Most fishing had the same results and think this is a disappointing season so far, kinda shocked as the last 3-4 years were awesome.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

I don't know about that, we were out yesterday "7/30 & 7/31" and it was pretty darn good, probably caught 50-60 yesterday most were small but there were some great fish as well. Good to see the little ones.
    This entire spring and summer has been pretty amazing on Sak.

2 Not allowed!
    Were you guys on the same lake? I've been on both ends of those reports.

0 Not allowed!
    further north into the arm was very good this past wknd. i woldnt say jumping into the boat but it wasnt real difficult either ran the same spot all wknd. keep searching when you find em its pretty good yet

0 Not allowed!
    fish are definitely moving further south, heard of a 32 and 29.5 down by shell

0 Not allowed!
    I Don’t know if I would say there moving south...I was about as far north in the arm as you can get and it was solid. All good fish yet very few dink’s

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdinny
    I Don’t know if I would say there moving south...I was about as far north in the arm as you can get and it was solid. All good fish yet very few dink’s
    I was as far NW as u could go today. It was pound town. Leave the live bait at the store.

1 Not allowed!
    Haha right on. Haven’t had live bait in my boat but one wknd this year and it was because the kids derby forbids cranks....

0 Not allowed!
    Fishslayer we must be running the same crank run. You describe it perfectly haha

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by jdinny
    Fishslayer we must be running the same crank run. You describe it perfectly haha
    What depths are you working with cranks?

0 Not allowed!
    both days were different.
    on the windy day shallower 15ft
    on the calmer day slide out to 18-20ft but caught plenty of fish deeper 21-24ft (running cranks at 18ft) on turns or at times just wandering around

0 Not allowed!
    Any reports from this weekend? Looking to head there mid week for a day or two, first time getting there this year. Can decent fish still be found on the northern sunken islands? Anything good on Shell?

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube