Rowdie

Good friday!!

Rate this Entry

27 Not allowed!
PERSONAL BEST

29.5" 8.7 lbs We put in at Ft. Rice fished around noon to 6:30. Kept 6 released about 6 including the Big Mama.

Name:  20200410_170009.jpg
Views: 6919
Size:  80.9 KB
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Oahe

Comments

You’re to honest. At 29.5 most would have rounded up to at a 10lber.

0 Not allowed!
    I thought it was a misprint. Good fish.

1 Not allowed!
    I think it was a good scale. Borrowed another boats scale, looked like a nice one. Never know how accurate they are though.

0 Not allowed!
    Well done!

1 Not allowed!
    Nice catch!!!!

2 Not allowed!
    Dandy!

1 Not allowed!
    congratulations on the PB!! nice fish

1 Not allowed!
    A year ago you coulda rolled video of that thing towing the bathtub. . Congratulations on a great fish!

1 Not allowed!
    LOL the bathtub has brought in bigger if you can believe it, just not by me!

0 Not allowed!
    See what happens when you upgrade to sparkles?

Congrats, I've caught nothing but decent eater sized eyes and sturgeon in that hole you were fishing. I was in the blue Lund with my kids.

1 Not allowed!
    oh yeah, and the Daught caught a nice catfish there as well.

0 Not allowed!
    Dandy fish!

Putting a tape on it is easy enough, but scales can be wildly inaccurate. Captain Ahab goes by this formula, for weight, and it's apparently very accurate. Close enough for me, anyhow.

girthXgirthXlength divided by 800.

0 Not allowed!
    The boat I borrowed minnows from had a longer measuring stick. The one I have was the only one they had in the store when I got one. It's 24" and you can't see the FN lines on it. I have a feeling it's gonna end up at the bottom of the lake. These new digital scales are pretty accurate. Just weigh a few 20 oz bottles and test out your scale. All the newer ones I've tested are dead on.

1 Not allowed!
    Great fish, glad to see you let it go to grow and make babies! I agree many scales are very inaccurate, last weekend a guy sent me a picture with a walleye maybe 20 inches but the scales said 8.9 Pounds, I don't think so!

0 Not allowed!
    Very roughly, it's been my experience that a 25" fish is about 5 lbs. On average. Some over some under. Of course, everybody is catching 25" fish that weigh far more than that.

28" fish is 8 lbs
    30" fish could be 10 lbs.

And so on...

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube