Allen

Central Sak

Rate this Entry

6 Not allowed!
Dumped the Toon in at Dakota Waters yesterday morning and headed west. Stopped in at Renner and Beaver Creek bays for a little while with not much to talk about for action. Saw lots of boats and only a few fish being caught. We were pulling crawlers on spinners in 13-30 ft of water in a search pattern. With just one fish in the well, we headed to the north shore to see if the wind was blowing the bite that direction. Uh, nope. We fished from Nishu over to Indian Hills. While we got a few bites on crawlers, it was SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. Ended up throwing on some cranks and pulled them in 13-20 ft of water along the mudlines between Indian Hills and Nishu. Caught several pike and a couple walleyes. Overall a very disappointing day.

Updated 07-13-2020 at 09:43 AM by Allen

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Oh yeah, also lost a drift sock in Beaver Creek Bay, just to put a little salt in the wound.

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds very familiar based on my outing over the 4th. Thanks for posting the report. On the bright side, at least you won’t need to worry about getting chastised for keeping a legal limit

2 Not allowed!
    We were at Beulah Bay and ran over to Nishu and it was dead as dead could be over there. We did pickup a few walleye in beulah bay and between beulah and Dakota waters along the cliffs...

0 Not allowed!
    Allen,
    If you want another sock, you can have mine. Haven't used it in years, don't even keep it in the boat anymore. Worked good for my Tyee, just a pain to use.

5 Not allowed!
    Brian, just let me know how to go about getting that sock from you. I don't use them often, but there are days they really help on the Toon.

1 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube