Chooch

Tailrace

Rate this Entry

0 Not allowed!
Myself and a buddy of mine are heading up to the tailrace Saturday just looking for any info anyone is willing to share. Took him up there last year the end of October and didn’t have much luck. Hoping this year is better
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

I caught a drum and a pike last night, it's been slow

0 Not allowed!
    Any salmon being caught yet I love the race in the fall I'm planning a trip the first part of oct

0 Not allowed!
    Fished the south end of the west rocks Monday night. Also closer to the wing-walls on the west side on Monday night. Nothing.

Switched to the east side later, maybe 10:30 and eventually hooked one 25" walleye, by the belly. That was a struggle, getting it in, in the current.

Fished Tuesday afternoon nearer the ramp, around the corner to the north, wading. Nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    There's always a stray salmon looking to chew in the tailrace, but you'll catch more up on the lake from shore this time of year.

2 Not allowed!
    We didn’t have much luck on the tailrace, one cat fish. Was fun to fish in my own boat didn’t see a lot of fish being pulled up. We ended up fishing Sunday morning in the far back north East point of Pochant point bay and got in to the walleye, bottom bouncer with orange propeller blade on slow death. In 17’

0 Not allowed!
    Fished a few hours on the east rocks on October 15th. From about 6PM until after 11PM.

Mostly throwing cranks. Some jigs and plastics.

My party (3, but two were out of staters) caught three eyes, two pike, four drum, and a winged rat. Was a good time nonetheless. Wind was pretty cranked up though, until after 10PM.

0 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube