Captainbrad

Red River 6-10-21

Rate this Entry

4 Not allowed!
With incredibly hot temperatures over the weekend and to present the catfish are heading to the nest. I have started seeing males protecting the nests and others acting like they are looking for a nest. The bad news is the bite will slow. The good news is it looks to stay hot hurrying the spawn up.

Fishing has been spotty in most areas with lack of current to hold fish and make them predictable. The Drayton stretch has more current and is still producing pre spawn fish more than some other areas. Best baits have been fresh to attract hunting fish. Keep in mind that this heat will push the fish to a night bite as well. Keep working at it and it will happen.

The river is extremely low and caution should be exercised when boating (especially below dams) to ensure the safety you and your equipment.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Red River

Comments

Thanks for the report

1 Not allowed!
    I'm in Williston area so fish Sak. but if I was there I would really target cats. Not a lot a places where you have a decent shot at a 20 lber but on the Red you do. Great fighting fish!!!!!!!!!
    Love the reports.

2 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube