Vollmer

Van Hook Walleye

Rate this Entry

14 Not allowed!
Well, it took longer than usual, but the migratory fish have finally moved into the arm. Water temps are 65-70+, and the fish can be caught at all depths. We primarily focused on depths under 15 fow, as it seemed to produce better fish. Our best fish came in 8 fow and less.
There were a lot of people fishing flats. Too many for me to dive into the middle of that zoo, so we focused on islands, and shorelines. Both were equally good.
I was primarily "family fishing", so we were pulling bouncers and slow death. These are the days where I could care less if I catch a fish, but watching my kids do well was priceless. I heard of others doing well on cranks also. It's that time of the year, where you could catch fish however you want, honestly, so get out there!

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 1735
Size:  92.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3802.jpg
Views: 1689
Size:  99.8 KB
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Nice fish....

1 Not allowed!
    The boat is going for its annual clean off the devils lake scum with some nice mtn water next week. Cya on the water!!

1 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube