Vollmer

VanHook is still HOT!

Rate this Entry

18 Not allowed!
We have been fishing the south end of the Hook, and it has been going pretty well. We went out Friday evening and found our fish in 18-23 fow. On Saturday, Micah (my daughter) and I went out around 8:00 pm. The fish had slipped out a little deeper. This time we found them in 25-27 fow. It was honestly one of my favorite fishing trups, because Micah caught her 5 in about an hour. I was still at 3! It took me another 30 minutes to get my last two, and she let me know it. Haha. I was pretty dang proud of her, and I think it was one of those trips that may contribute to her being a lifetime fishing freak!

Back to the report. I’ve heard that people are catching fish on crawlers and cranks. Trust your electronics to find the fish before wetting a line, as the fish seem to be moving around plenty.

Good luck, and get out there while it’s good!

Name:  B2B85BA2-3D17-4C4F-BF54-4EB413457F1A.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  100.9 KB
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Lake Sakakawea

Comments

Good stuff J! I fished the east end early yesterday morning...caught 2 on jigs/plastics - then switched over to cranks. Caught a lot of small fish in 15 to 20 fow...then slid out into 22 to 28 fow caught a few decent size. Water temps on east end were 66 at 6AM...got up to 72 by 2PM when I got off water. All in all pretty good day.

2 Not allowed!
    Updated 07-11-2021 at 06:27 PM by ndfinfan

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube