Captainbrad

Red River 8-17-21

Rate this Entry

5 Not allowed!
Flow in Grand Forks as of this writing is 204cfs. I figure a matter of days before we go below the lows of 1988. Catfish are biting if you are patient, most of them are smaller with the occasional bigger fish mixed in. They still look kind of sick. The one noticeable difference this week from last week is the fish are lined up on inside corners near beaver houses. Generally, if you run side imaging in these areas you will see cats lined up on the third of the river near the bank. Just because you see fish on the depth finder but it doesn’t mean that they will bite so you have to keep on the move about every 30 or so minutes. Goldeye and frog were the hands down best bait this week.

One other thing I discovered last week is if you can take kayaks or waders and get below the dams where boats can’t go there is current and the fish do seem healthier there. If you do that be safe.
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Red River

Comments

I remember in dry, hot times there being an issue with an infection killing a number of catfish on the Red. Seeing any of that this year?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zoops
    I remember in dry, hot times there being an issue with an infection killing a number of catfish on the Red. Seeing any of that this year?
    Earlier this year I saw many fish with it and was concerned to the point I called the DNR. Over the past two months I have not seen any of it which is good.

1 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube