Captainbrad

Red River 9-30-21

Rate this Entry

3 Not allowed!
Recent hot days have water temps holding at 63 degrees. The lack of moisture over the past few weeks has river flows back down to about nothing. Over the past week catfish have not been responding well. We are back to the see fish and nobody bites of they pick up the bait and half-heartedly swim around with it. That being said shore anglers below the dams in very shallow stretches are reporting better quality fish as they are feeding where there is some current. Bait of choice is anyone’s guess as they don’t seem to prefer or avoid any one bait.

As we come into October it is the time of year to call it a catfish season. This will be my last report of 2021. I would by lying if I said I wasn’t happy to see this one end. It truly was the tale of two seasons. The first half was stunningly great with many boat records being broken. As we ran out of water things went south and it has been a struggle for the past two months. For now we sit back and reflect on ways to improve should this happen again. Pray for a hard winter and come into 2022 fresh. I am already filling dates in 2022.

Thanks for reading

https://redrivercatfish.com
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Red River

Comments

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube