leier12

River south of Bismarck

Rate this Entry

0 Not allowed!
Was just wondering how the landings are doing south of Bismarck. Was hoping to get out a time or 2 more this year. Got a 620 ranger
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Missouri River

Comments

Ramps on the Mandan side are all still usable.

1 Not allowed!
    Graners and little heart were usable when i was out on the Tuesday taking photos of the fall colors. Launch docks were still in at both. No COURTESY dock at graner's

1 Not allowed!
    I've heard Hazleton is usable

1 Not allowed!
    Anyone checked out Fort Rice recently? I was there about a month ago and it was ok but pretty shallow until you got around the corner

1 Not allowed!
    Ft Rice is still usable as well

1 Not allowed!
    I heard there is a rock outside the hazelton landing, any truth to that?

0 Not allowed!
    Lake Oahe Current Lake Elevation as of October 02, 2021 1599.4 msl
    Maclean Bottoms (Gun Range) -- 14 miles south of Bismarck on ND Highway 1804, then 2 miles south (Paved
    access road, picnic shelter, trash receptacles. (Burleigh County Park Board - Dave Mayer: 701-222-6464)
    Main Ramp: Poured Concrete Ramp: Not Usable Ramp Elevation: Top 1,622.2 - Bottom 1,610.0 - Slope: 14%
    Closed Due to Shore Erosion
    Hazelton -- 31 miles southeast of Bismarck on ND Highway 1804 or 13 miles west and 2 miles north of Hazelton .
    Campground located just south of boat ramp (Paved access road, developed and primitive camping, security lights, picnic
    shelter, trash receptacles. (U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - Walt Fairbank: 701-255-0015)
    Main Ramp: Poured Concrete Ramp: Usable Ramp Elevation: Top 1,621.7 - Bottom 1,592.7 - Slope: 13% Marginal
    due to siltation / sandbar
    Fort Rice -- 28 miles south of Mandan on ND Highway 1806, then .5 miles east (Paved access road, fish cleaning
    facility, primitive camping, security lights, picnic shelter, trash receptacles. (Morton County Park Board - Tim Nilsen :
    701-667-3363)
    Main Ramp: Poured Concrete Ramp: Usable Ramp Elevation: Top 1,621.0 - Bottom 1,593.7 - Slope: 11% Marginal
    Low-Water Ramp: Plank Boat Ramp: Not Usable Ramp Elevation: Top 1,596.0 - Bottom 1,584.0 - Slope: 0%

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by leier12
    I heard there is a rock outside the hazelton landing, any truth to that?
    I have fished Hazelton a LOT over the past 18 years, and I don't think I have ever run across a rock straight out from the ramp itself, but you sure want to be careful south and to the north of the ramp, even just a few feet. People have tossed rocks from the riprap into the water there quite a bit over the years.

0 Not allowed!
    I put in at Misty Waters ramp 10/1 with a 18ft aluminum boat. Fished south with not much going on. North of ramp looked to low to continue on.

Merriwethers Ramp is silted in and not usable. Maybe with a call to Burleigh Country then could push it out?

Is fox island ramp usable??

Didnt even care about not catching anything as it was to nice to be sitting at home!

Tight lines!

0 Not allowed!
    I looked at Fox Island ramp Saturday, no rigs there. Sand across the ramp and looked like it hadn't been used in a while. Water was down about a foot from Thursday. If a guy knew where the end of the ramp was it might be usable, but I didn't want to drop my trailer tires off the end and be f***ed.

0 Not allowed!
    Update....stopped at Fox this afternoon and there were 5 rigs there. 4 were smaller trailers for 14-16 foot boats, but one looked to be for an 18 foot skeeter, so it can be done.

0 Not allowed!
    friend of mine put in his 1880 at fox on Thursday.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyMike
    friend of mine put in his 1880 at fox on Thursday.
    How'd they do fish wise?

0 Not allowed!
    Desert boat landing is ok, silted in some, ramp goes out a ways, dock is 3 feet over our head once backed in. 4 other big rigs in parking lot the rest suck believe me my friends have tried might have to find spot to just back in with deep water. How about sugar loaf might be ok?

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndwalleyes
    How'd they do fish wise?
    He's got a bead on big catfish.

2 Not allowed!

About Nodak Angler

NodakAngler is a community of outdoors enthusiasts. Our primary focus is to provide a great place for North Dakota sportsmen to gather, discuss, and participate. All are welcome.

Business & Contact

Follow us on

Facebook Instagram Twitter YouTube